HP 4540s
CPU
i5 2450
Graphics
HD 3000
I'm getting this error.

Chameleon 2266
kernel flags: "-v -f"
I'm using the latest FakeSMC and VoodooPS2 from rehabman.

Sometimes it works and show the desktop, but sometimes it hangs. (not all the time, it happens randomly)
Is it a known issue?

Attachments

• voodoops2.jpg
    voodoops2.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 217
I did not install the Probook installer. Just tried to boot it with the USB flash. I will try it later. Thanks.

I did not install the Probook installer yet. Just tried to boot it with the USB flash. I will try it later. Thanks.

Umm... yeah... Follow the guide.

Umm... yeah... Follow the guide.
Truth be told I never used the PIB. I like to know what is happening behind. I used to patch all the kexts (AppleHDA, AICPUPM with hexedit, etc...) myself + your github files. I will try PIB this time to know at least what cause this crash. Strange, never happened with ML.

The problem was ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext. I removed it and everything works fine.

I'm unable to use 1024x768 @ 75Hz in clamshell mode (worked fine in Mountain Lion). I don't really want to use 3rd party apps.

I have tried Philip Petev's EDID generator but same issue. I'm thinking to make a custom EDID, but wondering is it possible to have a separate EDID for the built-in display and another one for the external display?

Attachments

• clamshell.jpg
    clamshell.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 184
The problem was ElliotForceLegacyRTC.kext. I removed it and everything works fine.

Yes, we don't use that on the ProBook. And it is not part of Unibeast...

I'm unable to use 1024x768 @ 75Hz in clamshell mode (worked fine in Mountain Lion). I don't really want to use 3rd party apps.

Limitation of your external monitor? (that's what you mean by 'clamshell mode', right?)

I have tried Philip Petev's EDID generator but same issue. I'm thinking to make a custom EDID, but wondering is it possible to have a separate EDID for the built-in display and another one for the external display?

The system will generate a custom display override when you connect the monitor. I'm not sure how you customize it. It should not be necessary, provided the EDID of the display is accurate.

Limitation of your external monitor? (that's what you mean by 'clamshell mode', right?)

Not sure if it's a limitation of the external display. I had that resolution in Mountain Lion. Same GPU and same monitor. Yes, I'm talking about clamshell mode.

After installing Mavericks, I don't see 1024x768 in the list anymore.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 10.55.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-26 at 10.55.23 PM.png
    63.3 KB · Views: 134
Not sure if it's a limitation, I had that resolution in Mountain Lion. Same monitor. Yes, I'm talking about clamshell mode.

After installing Mavericks, I don't see 1024x768 in the list anymore.

Is it a CRT monitor or something? Because I can't think of why you would want to run a 1280x800 monitor at 1024x768 (wrong aspect, wrong resolution == wierd images and poor text rendering).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back