Contribute
Register

OS X 10.9.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

I successfully updated my Gigabyte Z87M-D3H/EVGA GTX 760/i7 4790K system to 10.9.5 using software update and then:

1. Booted in safe mode (boot option -x) (panic without safe mode)
2. Removed /System/Library/Extensions/AppleTyMCEDriver.kext (this had been re-added by the 10.9.5 update)
3. Rebooted
4. Used MultiBeast to reenable sound (ALC892) and TRIM for my EVO 840 SSD
5. Updated NVIDEA web driver using the NVIDEA control panel
6. Rebooted

Everything seems to be working so far, except that there is a regression on audio after sleep (no audio after sleep). This worked on 10.9.4.
Hello m8 do you use usekernel yes or no? On bootlist? Cause i get it to work but when i shut down my pc and reboot I am on forever spinning wheel. And i can boot only with -x. Plz can u paste me ur bootlist?

Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update - Virus TI2 USB connection not working

Only weirdness I had with my Z87 were some Kernel Panics related to USB (which I attributed to the external Apple SuperDrive). Clearing all the system caches and re-building the kernel cache seemed to have cleared it up.

As always had to re-install audio and TRIM.

Running fine now.

Similar to me, My Z87X-UD7 TH , initially after updating to 10.9.5 I had a few kernel panics, but a simple disk repair sorted that out,

I also use a external sound card so I haven't touched the Multibeast settings since updating.

My problem after the update is with one particular USB device - My Virus TI2 desktop synthesiser. (in basic, a hardware synth with a software interface, audio/midi over USB)

This may only be a relevant issue to those using annoyingly fussy/difficult USB devices.

Updating was a silly mistake for me..Im aware that this device doesn't like change.

The device will appear to work as a sound card output/input, but no USB midi/audio connection is made,

When I built my computer 6 months ago, and loaded 10.9.1, I had the same problem with it, After weeks of struggling to find an answer . The problem apparently was that the provided IOUSBFamily doesn't support OHCI (USB 1.1 if i'm not mistaken) my fix was to install a older version of iousbfamily.kext from 10.7.3 in order for the device's software to work.

Now I face exactly the same problem,

I am defiantly no expert with things like .kext files.......My question is, Has this 10.9.5 update changed files to do with USB driver/settings, What has changed that means this one particular device won't work, yet all my other USB devices connected to my computer work fine (external HD, usb Hub, USB MIDI keyboard, wireless bluetooth for magic mouse etc.)

I have tried running the same iousbfamily.kext through Kext Beast, which got it working last time... but with no success this time!:banghead:

Has anyone got any advice, or things to try?

I need this thing to work!

Thanks for your time,

Joe

10.9.5 running stable on my rigs. See my profile for spec info. :headbang:

I have updated the GA-B75M-D3H board from OS X 10.9.2 to 10.9.5 following Storks instructions.
Except that I have used the same Multibeast I have used for installing 10.9.2.
Everything works great.

Ran Software Update on my Z77X-UDH5

Used MB 6.01 for the Audio and 6.4 for the TRIM Patch

Working so far, and sleep doesn't kill my audio

jontech, Thanks much for your advise. I have a Z77X UP5 TH. Audio was horribly broken after I followed steps out to upgrade to 10.9.5. Nothing seemed to work with MB 6.5. I went back to MB 6.2.2 and installed ALC898. Repaired permissions and audio is back. Sleep is working as well and audio is back after system wakes up from sleep.

Since Apple releases OS X 10.10 i can't download 10.9 from the Appstore. To downgrade my operating System. Do anyone know where to download a fairly legit OS X10.9 ? Or maybe how to still get it from Apple servers?

Since Apple releases OS X 10.10 i can't download 10.9 from the Appstore. To downgrade my operating System. Do anyone know where to download a fairly legit OS X10.9 ? Or maybe how to still get it from Apple servers?

If you bought it in the past it will be on your 'Purchases' tab in the App Store and you can redownload it.

There is no such thing as 'fairly legit' - It's either legal or not.

If you're looking for pirated software you're on the wrong site - See the Rules.

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED".

Last edited by a moderator:

If you bought it in the past it will be on your 'Purchases' tab in the App Store and you can redownload it.

There is no such thing as 'fairly legit' - It's either legal or not.

If you're looking for pirated software you're on the wrong site - See the Rules.

"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED".
I was not intended to ask for an illegal download. I bought 10.9 in the App Store but it´s not listed in my "Purchases". I search for a official and original 10.9 release, because it is not possible for me to download 10.9 from Apple.

Last edited by a moderator:

I was not intended to ask for an illegal download. I bought 10.9 in the App Store but it´s not listed in my "Purchases". I search for a official and original 10.9 release, because it is not possible for me to download 10.9 from Apple.

If you bought it from the App Store it would be listed - Mine lists every version I've ever bought.

Maybe you used a different Apple ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back