Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.9.5 Update

Hello my little experience :)

Motherboard : Asus P8P67 Rev 3 with bluetooth
Ram : 16 GO G. Skill
Processor : i7 2600 k
Graphics card: GTX 570

I update last night to 10.9.5 without problem. I just reinstall audio. All things turn good.

- no audio after (manual) sleep. Installed ALC887 driver from MB6.3 and now it works after sleep

Hmm... spoke too soon. Seems like audio DOES work for a short time after waking up the first time after booting, but eventually audio stops to work and a reboot is required. Strange....

Hmm... spoke too soon. Seems like audio DOES work for a short time after waking up the first time after booting, but eventually audio stops to work and a reboot is required. Strange....
If you lose sound after sleep/wake-up, try putting it to sleep manually (from Apple menu) for 10 seconds and wake-up. I've done this on my Thunderball system, and the sound returns.

I just updated two almost identical GA-Z77X-UD5H with internal graphics and everything went fine using Stork's instructions. Fixed the first one with audio from Multibeast 6.0.1. The second one uses HDMI video and has speakers in the monitor. Before running Multibeast for audio I checked the audio preferences and lo and behold HDMI audio was found on the monitor. I'll run Multibeast 898 driver later to see if it does anything to HDMI audio.
Does this mean that HDMI audio has been fixed for 10.9.5?

I just updated two almost identical GA-Z77X-UD5H with internal graphics and everything went fine using Stork's instructions. Fixed the first one with audio from Multibeast 6.0.1. The second one uses HDMI video and has speakers in the monitor. Before running Multibeast for audio I checked the audio preferences and lo and behold HDMI audio was found on the monitor. I'll run Multibeast 898 driver later to see if it does anything to HDMI audio.

Hey fastone, do you have the link to Stork's instructions?

Hey fastone, do you have the link to Stork's instructions?
See Post #2 in this thread.

I installed the latest Multibeast 898 driver to the motherboard and the HDMI audio output disappeared.
I'll try toleda's HDMI guide to get both working. I'll post with results.

If you lose sound after sleep/wake-up, try putting it to sleep manually (from Apple menu) for 10 seconds and wake-up. I've done this on my Thunderball system, and the sound returns.

Doesn't work on my system. Once audio is lost, it's lost.

Let's say audio works when I put it to sleep. I found that if I start using audio immediately after wakeup, it will stay. If I don't start using audio immediately, what typically happens is that calendar will display an alert and I hear the alarm sound. Then, after some time audio is lost.

I'm speculating if this can be a problem related to the low-power mode I guess the audio circuits are put into a while after no sound? Is it possible to enable some logging or using other debugging methods to identify the problem?

One more surprising thing is that my system now Powernaps, even though this is not visible in the control panel. It wakes up every second hour when sleeping and fetches new email.

This caused my Radeon HD5770 to lose its second output. With 10.9.3 I could have 2 monitors, one on DVI and the other on HDMI (DisplayPort not working since 10.7.x). Now I just get the display mirrored (but with no option to turn mirroring off, it's like OSX can't see the second monitor any more).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back