Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully upgraded from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5!

At first reboot, my Hackintosh got stuck at [PCI Configuration Begin] kernel message,
then I fixed this by removing the "npci=0x2000" kernel flag in the "/Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist" file.

It appears this flag was necessary for my Hackintosh to boot until 10.8.4, but it has to be removed with the new kernel that comes with 10.8.5.

Hope my experience will help :)

Used Apple Software Update, then Restarted. Apple Software update was successful. Didn't have to do anything, MultiBeast was not needed since it seemed to work out of the box. USB2/3, Cuda, Bluetooth, and Lan etc all works. Since I don't use Main-board Audio, It remains untested, for Audio I use USB. View my Profile for Hardware Settings.

Short Sleep and awake under 30 minutes works. Testing long sleep over 30 min, under 10.8.4 it woke up and after the clock was updated it froze right before the Monitor was lid. I'll comment if long sleep and awake works under 10.8.5. After long sleep works I will update my main drive (SSD), I always use my 2nd drive (HDD) for tests etc, especially while updating. If anything ever fails I just clone the drive, or if the main drive messed up I do a backward clone.

David

Hello ! using combo update from Apple, reinstall audio driver before reboot ! all it works :)
z77-ds3h, i7-3770, asus nvidia gtx660

Pain-free update on PovoMac. Only needed to re-install wireless and audio kext. However, system performance and response now seems to be a bit sluggish. Not necessary to update as it doesn't add any functionality nor does it address any major issue of the past.

Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Hello ! using combo update from Apple, reinstall audio driver before reboot ! all it works :)
z77-ds3h, i7-3770, asus nvidia gtx660

Cool exact same system as mine. How is your sleep and awake after 30 minutes?

It appears the main compatibility issues are with Haswell systems and that the 10.8.5 update is not for them - certainly in its present form. There are a couple of reports of success with a hybrid 10.8.4/10.8.5 OS on Haswell systems but I have had a day of pain already and will now sit this out until Mavericks comes along. This is part of the price of being an 'early adopter'.

Gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h v1.0.
update via store. No problems just have turn in the sound with multibeast

Same board and Revision not so lucky. Won't Boot

Everything looks fine, except for sound. I got no sound.

Used Apple Software Update, then Restarted. Apple Software update was successful. Didn't have to do anything, multi-beast was not needed since it seemed to work out of the box. USB2/3, Cuda, Bluetooth, and Lan etc all works. Since I don't use Main-board Audio, It remains untested, for Audio I use USB. View my Profile for Hardware Settings.

Short Sleep and awake under 30 minutes works. Testing long sleep over 30 min, under 10.8.4 it woke up and after the clock was updated it froze right before the Monitor was lid. I'll comment if long sleep and awake works under 10.8.5. After long sleep works I will update my main drive (SSD), I always use my 2nd drive (HDD) for tests etc, especially while updating. If anything ever fails I just clone the drive, or if the main drive messed up I do a backward clone.

David

Test Results of Sleep
System 10.8.4
Sleep/Awake - under 30 minutes, my system woke up with no freezes.
Sleep/Awake - over 30 minutes, my system woke up, clock updated and froze.

System 10.8.5
Sleep/Awake - under 30 minutes, my system woke up with no freezes.
Sleep/Awake - under 1 hour and 5 minutes of testing, my system woke up without any freeze.

Everything now is working 100%.
I'm satisfied, also tested the GPU, now I can update my main drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back