Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Update

Loaded the update and it went on fine, just had to load the ALC892 audio driver - H77N-WIFI:thumbup:

Hi,

For all of you who are using a BT adapter which is NOT supported OOB (plist editing needed), how did you manage to get it to work after 10.8.5 update?

I myself have a Belkin 4.0 BT Adapter using the same Broadcom chipset as the IOGear one, so a little plist editing is needed in order to get it to work, just by adding Vendor ID and Model ID corresponding to my adapter.

BUT, with 10.8.5, even by modifying the actual 10.8.5 plist, BT doesn't work (BT is not functional)
By reapplying 10.8.4 KEXT, BT seems to work, but I can't set up any connection to my BT devices...
Same thing if I reapply 10.8.4 both Bluetooth KEXT (IOBTFamily and IOBTHIDDriver)

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi there

Used the combo update went from 10.8.2 to .5 followed the instructions on the first page.

Everything went fine, used MultiBeast (before restart) to re-patch my sound card, nic and trim.

All is good, sleep suspend etc my multiplier on my cpu is not locked.

Asus PVZ68-V PRO/GEN3
i7
SSD (Crucial)
ATI 6850

Happy Days

updated from mac store and are getting kernel panic after hda enabler...

Downloaded via software update. Loaded without a problem, did not even have to rerun MultiBeast!

everything working as before

Okay I fixed the USB3.0 problem,
I remove the kext manually and reboot,
USB3.0 is working again. *OMG*

for those who is struggling with 3.0 problem,
Open Terminal and paste this code one line at a time and reboot.

Code:
$ sudo -s
$ cd /Volumes/<DISK_NAME>/System/Library/Extensions/
$ rm GenericUSBXHCI.kext

reboot your hackintosh and Enjoy.

** I was missing that @jk2309 was came out with this solution first.

Hi, I'm using a Z77-DS3H i5 Ivy Bridge. With the App Store update it worked except for losing sound (as usual) and USB3 front and rear panels, only USB2 worked despite About this Mac saying I had USB3 Superspeed enabled.

These commands worked for me except there is a slight error (on my machine anyway):-

$ sudo -s
$ cd /Volumes/<DISK_NAME>/System/Library/Extensions/
$ rm -rf GenericUSBXHCI.kext

After reboot the front and rear USB3 all work again.

Has al those problems to do with the (i)mac(pro) x.x signature? like imac 3.1 or macpro 13.1 or the like?
What are the settings that should belong to the available mobo's?
Is it possible to add at the september buying guide to add the best to choose signature for, starting with haswell, the selected mobo's?

About the 4600 gpu, resolution selectable now?

Thank you for your good work.

Gigabyte ga-z77-ds3h v1.0.
update via store. No problems just have turn in the sound with MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back