Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

The crackling audio is Chrome-related problem. Simply don't use it.

hmm.. there was a chrome update today... makes sense... I have this crackling audio issue as well after updating the Supplemental update...

The crackling audio goes away if I plugin headphones, but then starts again with the headphones. When I unplug the headphones the speakers sound fine. But it will return again :(

Like some of the other posters have pointed out, this is a Chrome specific issue related to the audio buffer size. There is a temporary fix for this; you can run chrome from the command line and set the --audio-buffer-size = 2048
eg.
Code:
open -a "Google Chrome" --args --audio-buffer-size=2048

so I was using MPlayerX like forever and was checking out some video files and the crackling audio is back.. now every dialog sounds like a robot.

I reinstall the sound drivers without DSDT ,, and seems to solve the crackling audio issue

No problem here, Z77-DS3H. After update, just reintalled audio from newest MultiBeast.

Like some of the other posters have pointed out, this is a Chrome specific issue related to the audio buffer size. There is a temporary fix for this; you can run chrome from the command line and set the --audio-buffer-size = 2048
eg.
Code:

I report the same bug. But I fixed the crackling audio removing the AppleHDA.kext 10.8.5 version with the same one 10.8.4 version and this resolves the audio problem for me. I guess there is something not correctly working with the AppleHDA.kext 10.8.5 .

I have the Realtek 892 on board.

Updated today using Software Update with zero issue. I use USB audio so I can't comment on audio functionality.

Once again, thank you so much to TonyMac. I have had a fully functional Hackintosh and haven't touched Multibeast since my first install.

How do I get the old AppleHDA.kext for 10.8.4? I have RealTek 892 as well. (Audio does seem to fine for everything else, except chrome)

eg.
Code:

Try to use the appleHDA.kext from this
MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.4.3
http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=186

New version of nVidia drivers for 10.8.5 supplemental update 1 are available by using "update " from nvidia preferences pane.

Version = 313.01.03f02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back