Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.5 Supplemental Update 1.0

This Supplemental Update "unhides" the mach_kernel file in the root of the OS Drive ... anyone else seen this ....
I hid it back using the terminal command :
sudo chflags hidden /mach_kernel

Yes, I saw this, and I hidden it again whit chflags (as I normal do to hide "boot" file after a Chameleon update). Probably the Update install a new version of match_kernel.

Scratch it working perfectly. I now appear to have glitchy audio after patching with the latest multibeast. Audio works fine for a while then becomes "scratchy" and it goes away randomly, and comes back randomly...

I updated mine using App Store. Reinstalled audio kext and all is fine except the Bluetooth. I tried to remove /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist to enable bluetooth as others recommended, but it reinstalls after reboot! Used both Finder and Terminal to remove but same results on either way(reinstalls). Any ideas?

I upgraded from 10.8.5 to 10.8.5. supplemental update and have started getting these errors too. Boot up freezes at the SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR MSDS kSMCBadArgumentError (0x89) error but I can boot up in safe mode. Any help is appreciated. I had a working 10.8.5 system. Updating fakeSMC was not helpful.

oliveyang, what motherboard are you using? I have a z77x-up5th and wildwillow pointed out to me that I needed to make sure to have the following settings in my BIOS:

Initial Display = PCI
Onboard Graphics = Disabled
Vt-D = Disabled

Really hope that helps!

Jabra AT A320 now working. Thank goodness.

Anyone having issues with NTFS after the update? Looks like the update killed my NTFS.

Same thing kinda happened to me... I can see and access my internal Windows NTFS drive, but now I can not see my WD firewire 400 portable NTFS drive. I even tried using USB and still didn't work. Had no problems before the update... I rolled back to 10.8.4 via Time Machine, but it still doesn't work. :banghead:

EDIT: well not sure what the problem was but I did a repair permission then rebooted and it started working... Not sure if I should try the update again or not but I don't think NTFS is broke because I was able to see my internal NTFS drive with the update.

Thanks!

The crackling audio goes away if I plugin headphones, but then starts again with the headphones. When I unplug the headphones the speakers sound fine. But it will return again :(

oliveyang, what motherboard are you using? I have a z77x-up5th and wildwillow pointed out to me that I needed to make sure to have the following settings in my BIOS:

Initial Display = PCI
Onboard Graphics = Disabled
Vt-D = Disabled

Really hope that helps!

Thanks so much!! This fixed it for me, booting up fine now :) Now just to get audio working again. I have a GA-Q77M-D2H mobo for anyone else looking for a fix.

Hello...

I updated my Haswell System and now the sleep does not work for my Mac partition as well as the Windows partition on my computer I have been trying everything from kexts to other solutions but nothing worked.
I think it is something to do with the Bios, i dont know how it works really but if there is like a setting i could use to try to fix it can any one help me.

System

Z87 Hd3
1Tb seagate(mac os x)
500gb (windows)
GTX 770
700W PSU

The crackling audio goes away if I plugin headphones, but then starts again with the headphones. When I unplug the headphones the speakers sound fine. But it will return again :(

The crackling audio is Chrome-related problem. Simply don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back