Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.4 Update

No unexpected problems using a z77-ds3h with a geforce660. Restart seemed to stall, turning off then on again sorted that out, audio re-installed from MB 5.3.1 no probs. TL-WN881ND PCI card worked as before with the simple addition of the "a4" in the kext. Very easy. Again here is the guide I wrote last time...

Download text wrangler...then...
(Mountain Lion)

In Finder (at the top) click "GO",
then computer,
then (your disk with the OSX on it)
then system,
then library,
then extensions. Now look for kext (white lego brick) called IO80211Family.kext

Now right click or um whatever you do to get the dialog box
then show package contents.
drop contents, then plugins then right click again on AirportAtheros40.kext
then contents, info.plist.

Open this in text wrangler. Look for the list of things named similar to "pci168c,30a4"
and literally add this to the list. I chose the second place as its a similar number.
save it, exit. Job done. Just go to network etc. Oh, and repair permissions first by disk utility (i do this often)

Gigabyte GA Z77 DS3H Clean Install With Mountain Lion 10.8.4 Unibeast Procedure. Everthing seems ok.!!

Hello dear Tonymacx86 Forum!

Updated successfully to 10.8.4 i only had to do this again:

--Enable OpenCL patch - with (Terminal)
--Enabled Trim - with (Terminal)
--Added USB 3 Kext Fix (PXHCD.kext) - with (KextBeast) App.
--(Freezefix)" App to Fix nVidia's random freezes. Does a great job. thanks again to "dan542" for the fantastic little App.

(not used MultiBeast) as i had a working 10.8.3 System before.

cheers

System: Hackintosh
Boot loader: Chimera v2.0.1
CPU: Intel i7 960 (3.30GHz) Quad-Core
MB: Gigabyte x58a-ud3r r2 (Bios FF)
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 OC (1GB) DDR5
Ram: Corsair 6GB DDR3 (1600mhz)
HD: Intel SSD 520 Series 240GB
Monitor: Sony Bravia 1920 x 1080 - (42 Zoll)

Dell Vostro 470
i7-3770
GTX 660 1.5GB
Combo update, then reinstalled AppleACPIPlatform.kext (with KextBeast)
all good.

I can't get my GTX 660 SC to work after the restart... Where can you get the kext?

Anyone want to help me? I just made a unibeast and did the whole installation, everything works fine until I restart the system right after multibeast. With my EVGA GTX 660 SC, I get a blank white screen after the white apple loading screen. With Intel HD 4000, it used to work fine before, but after the graphics card and doing a fresh install, all I get are similar problems to the 660, only the screen is torn and redundant across the top of the screen... Any solutions? I've read that downloading this one kext will help with this graphics card.. the "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" but I'm not sure what version and where to get it... please help ^.^"

Anyone want to help me? I just made a unibeast and did the whole installation, everything works fine until I restart the system right after multibeast. With my EVGA GTX 660 SC, I get a blank white screen after the white apple loading screen. With Intel HD 4000, it used to work fine before, but after the graphics card and doing a fresh install, all I get are similar problems to the 660, only the screen is torn and redundant across the top of the screen... Any solutions? I've read that downloading this one kext will help with this graphics card.. the "AppleACPIPlatform.kext" but I'm not sure what version and where to get it... please help ^.^"

Have you tried turning off the HD4000 in the BIOS?

GA-Z68XP-UD4 UEFI bios, 5770GPU
Cmbo Update:
1) 10.8.3 had USB3, sleep and CPU steps working correctly, etc.
2) Update 10.9.0, reboot.
3) Multibeast only for sound and trim. reboot. (Multibeast is were you can get in trouble. Only reload these two when needed!)
4) All working again. Noticed HW monitor crippled. So removed and reloaded. All OK.

No problem for installing on my ga-ep45ds3l machine Core 2 duo works fine and everything is working TNX for information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back