Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reapplied the Trim Enabler from Multibeast after updating to 10.8.3 but when I look under system information -> Serial-ATA -> Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series it shows "TRIM Support = NO". How do I fix this and get TRIM enabled? Re-running multibeast isn't doing the trick.

Kind regards,

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

I reapplied the Trim Enabler from Multibeast after updating to 10.8.3 but when I look under system information -> Serial-ATA -> Samsung SSD 840 Pro Series it shows "TRIM Support = NO". How do I fix this and get TRIM enabled? Re-running multibeast isn't doing the trick.

Kind regards,

Actually, I was able to get it working using this -> http://www.groths.org/trim-enabler-prevails/

I have been trying to update using the combo update as well as the app store version, and I keep getting a md5 checksum error with the download. I have used different browsers multiple times(6) and this keeps happening. I have done a search on this site, and have not found consistent answers for this problem. Any idea why this download would keep doing this to me and what I can do to fix the problem? Thanks for any assistance in advance.

I have downloaded this update via the combo updater and the app store with multiple browsers 6 times, and I keep getting the following warning:

The following disk images couldn't be opened: osx etc
and the reason: invalid checksum

I have searched this site as well as the web without consistent answers. I have not encountered this problem before on my current Hack, although I have seen it on another build in the past, and never solved the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ok, so I have 10.8.1 and was afraid to update to 10.8.2 but I wasnt to update. ž

I have : Gigabyte P55-UBS3 rev2.0 F9
i5 2.8 GHz quad core 8not sandy or ivy bridge)
Ati radeon 5670 1Gb ddr5

My hacintosh works perfect on 10.8.1, so I read that I need to reinstall Audio kext, but will everything else work? Thanks

Ok, so I have 10.8.1 and was afraid to update to 10.8.2 but I wasnt to update. ž

I have : Gigabyte P55-UBS3 rev2.0 F9
i5 2.8 GHz quad core 8not sandy or ivy bridge)
Ati radeon 5670 1Gb ddr5

My hacintosh works perfect on 10.8.1, so I read that I need to reinstall Audio kext, but will everything else work? Thanks

Make a clone copy and see!

The standalone combo update worked just fine for me. I was running 10.8.2, now 10.8.3 with no issues so far.

It is safe to run Time machine, or I should make a full image of the hard disk before updating to 10.8.3?
Thanks in advance!

I use Carbon Copy Cloner to make a full, bootable backup any time I perform updates. That way, if something goes wrong all I have to do is boot to my backup and restore the image to my main hard drive.

GA H77n Wifi, i5 3570 (not the k version), amd hd5450. all working after combo update (for video qe/ci with a little tweak).
Still trying to get my onboard hd2500 video card working with qe/ci..any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back