Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full Work!!!! 100%

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Mine didn't go well. It said installation failed but OS showed as 10.3 in the 'about my mac'. All seemed to work fine except sound. Then multibeast to sort the sound etc which also resulted in "installation failed" Tried to re-boot and now it hangs on white screen, apple logo. -v revealed the following. Any ideas much appreciated. Motherboard is Z68MA-D2H-B3 with a 2500K i5 CPU using HD3000 graphics. Screenshot attached.

Did you ever manage to sort out what happened? I have the same board and cpu, but I'm using a GTX 650. Not sure if I should take the leap or stay safe.

I think Olivier75009 means AirPlay using iTunes. AirPlay mirroring only works on Intel GPUs with Quicksync.

iTunes AirPlay must always be OK, even you do not drive your graphic nor you audio adapter.

I built the Customac mini deluxe with a I5
I updated and then tried to reboot several times. its stuck on the spinning clock
-x doesn't help I tried -s and it fails on
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC driver

Please help I am at my wits end

Do you mean 'airplay mirror' works?
How about your DSDT / boot.plist / smbios ?
I mean Airplay Streaming.
By the way, I never had mirroring with 10.8.2 and HD4000. I read that we must have Apple TV 2nd generation to mirror any device. Am I right ?

After a few days working with 10.8.3 and HD4000 disabled, I re-enabled it and not anymore stuck on boot screen !
Tried also to get it first graphics in bios : no more boot screen as I did not plug any on my 2 screens on it, but very fast boot on my desktop. I now have the mirroring option on screen parameters, but no device found (I do not have an apple tv, but my adsl box is mirroring compliant - I just tested it with an iPad 2).

GA-Z68X-UD5-B3-F7
Usually have to reinstall audio. This time around no matter what option I used I could not restore audio. Also eject button on Apple USB chicklet keyboard no longer works. The optiarc DVD burner drive is seen by the system. Very odd. Rolling back to 10.8.2 where everything was working perfectly for now...

I built my Hackintosh during the 10.8.2 build, everything worked great. Now with 10.8.3 firefox crashes at random and SC2 will crash after about 10 mins in game. Anybody else experiencing this or have a fix? I7 3770K, Gigabyte B75M-D3P, and GT640.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back