Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update was very fast on my SSD drive, no real problems, the DVD player now works again (stopped working after I installed an ATI HD6450 graphics card), had to reinstall the audio driver. TRIM stopped working and reinstalling the driver from the latest Multibeast did not work either so I downloaded the TRIM enabler (see link below) and that fixed it, all is well.

http://www.groths.org/trim-enabler/

Hi I just updated and system preferences doesn't recognize any sound outputs or inputs anymore. Any suggestions for what I should run to get that support back or any suggestions in general? Thanks so much.

I installed the Combo update on my GA-Z77X-UP5TH and ran Multibeast audio kext install before rebooting to re-enable audio. EVerything works perfect. Thanks!

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

After updating from 10.8.2 to 10.8.3 the second internal HDD not show on desk. Diskutil can see it but unable to mount it any more

Installed 10.8.3 via Combo Update, just had to reinstall Audio, re-enable TRIM with Chameleon SSD Optimizer (Multibeast enabler does not work from 10.8.2 onwards) and update CUDA to 5.0.45. Had installed NVDIDA drivers from the MacBookProUpdate_2.0 before, now NVIDIA driver is @ 304.10.65f03. Card is still reported as NVIDIA D14P2-30 1024 MB. No issues so far, no noticeable difference either.
Should mention that GFX still remains stuck at maximum frequency after running Luxmark v2.0 until restart.

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with Core-i5-2500k @ 4 GHz and Zotac GTX650Ti 1GB, SSD Intel 330 180GB.

Ran the NIVIDA update
Installed Combo Update.
Ran Multibeast and installed ethernet, ALC 898 audio, trim enabler.
Trim did not enable so I used TrimEnabler.app
Trim is now working and all seems OK so far except for USB 3.

USB 3 was working fine before update and I could plug in a USB 2 device.
Now If I plug in a USB 2 device into USB 3 it does not show.
My System Info says that I have USB 3.

Any thoughts on that?

I have an Asus Gamer's Laptop G74SX with a GTX 560M 3GB Graphics card, which historically froze for various reason from from 10.7 through 10.8 mostly because of the audio driver VoodooHDA, AGPM and the ApplePolicyControl.kext.

In 10.8.2 it was not audio related since I found the VoodooHDA kext that did the job. I could not figure out exactly what it was but after updating with the Nvidia driver and or patching the OpenCL in frameworks I would get a freeze now and then and from the dmesg, I saw kernel[0]: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel timeout, which was reported in a few threads if you search for the error.

The freeze seemed to go away when I removed AGPM and the ApplePolicyControl.kext leaving the patched OpenCL from frameworks alone.

Anyhow enough with that. With 10.8.3 I only had to patch the libclh.dylib see my post #408.

I have not touched any other kexts and so far OpenCL works great and not one single freeze. I have not however installed the Audio nor Cuda yet but it should be fine.

Why are you modifying a system kext? why not just ust the AtiConfig=Duckweed and prevent these OS Updates from killing your system?

Just guessing...but if randycatanach's GB HD6850 is the same as mine, it won't load an unedited Duckweed FB, or any other, for that matter. That's why I edit MY ATI6000Controller.kext, as have others. If you know a way around that, many would love to know it! I'd think it great not to have to do that edit every time I update. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back