Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing Combo update have ugly slow graphic both on integrated and discret graphic cards

GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K

jwWiP.png
NBRAZ.png

Hi all, very strange problem here...
updated via Appstore, no problems.... (lost LAN -conexant chip- and Audio ALC898)
installed LAN kext , reboot no problems
installed ALC898 through Multibeast, reboot, PAF system is no more working...white page with logo and the loading animation...

I think I am the problem :( with Multibeast as Multibeast is known to be safely working

Any idea ?

Hi, used the combo to update my Ga-z77-ds3h rev1.0 / i5 3570K / 2x4GB Corsair vengeance / Corsair cx 80plus 500W.
only thing that did not work was audio. Used multibeast to reinstall the 887 driver and all is well again.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

I updated through AppStore (should have read this thread first). I get the current message on boot, and it hangs:

"Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFrameBuffer/AppleINtelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt"

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH with a Nvidia GTX 680 card. Internal HD4000 is disabled. I get this with it enabled too.

Any ideas what this is about, and how to solve?

My setup is defined as a iMac late 2012 btw.

Sorry about the doublepost - I can't find out how to delete posts here..

use macmini 6,2 or mac pro 3,1 system definition.
this is the key

I managed to solve this now. I think this is how I did it (I've been tryting various stuff for the last day):

* Removed the Nvidia card from the PCI slot, enabled HD4000 so that I could boot into OS X.
* Deleted the /Extra folder, and run MultiBeast again (remember the
GraphicsEnabler=No option) .
* Restarted and disabled the HD4000 in BIOS
* Logged into OS X normally.

I have a suspicion that the NVRAM and device-property stuff inside /Extra folder was the issue. They are no longer present there when I set up the /Extra folder again - and it works.

I also discovered something nice today, that one can have VT-d on in BIOS if using the dart=0 kernel option. Nice if your're running Virtual Box or other virtualization software.

Everything else seems to work stable now.

you can enable even the hd4000.
read here http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...3770k-ga-z77n-wifi-16gb-ram-gtx-660ti-14.html

Sorry double post

Old problem, and it seems worse with 10.8.3 update!
I also have a 560ti 2gb model. Check the system logs, you should have a few OpenGL errors before the lockup.
It was long reported as Nvidia drivers problem that this update should have solved :(
Hay thanks for replying,

Do you know any fix for the problem as I have never had anything like this happen back on 10.8.2 which has been running smooth for around 2 months now :/

Old problem, and it seems worse with 10.8.3 update!
I also have a 560ti 2gb model. Check the system logs, you should have a few OpenGL errors before the lockup.
It was long reported as Nvidia drivers problem that this update should have solved :(
Hay thanks for replying,

Do you know any fix for the problem as I have never had anything like this happen back on 10.8.2 which has been running smooth for around 2 months now :/

I just updated today without any issues. The only thing I did different is I installed the latest CUDA Driver Version: 5.0.45 before doing the combo 10.8.3 update. I didn't have to do anything after the reboot sound works and USB3.0 w/ hub works. GeekBench (32-bit) 9559 - Cinebench 11.5 Open GL 32.28fps up from 28.12 and CPU 5.37 down from 5.73.

MB: H77M-D3H
CPU: i5-3750 (w/o K)
Video: Zotac GT 440 (1024 MB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back