Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Double post.

La actualización 10.8.3 me ha causado kernel panic con una mención a org.navi.oemsmbios. Solucionado entrando en S/L/E, seleccionar FakeSMC.kext (con botón derecho y mostrar contenido del paquete) e ir a la carpeta contents/plugins. Hacer una copia del plugin OemSMBIOS.kext en el escritorio y borrar la original. Realizar una reparación de permisos y reconstrucción de caché con Kext Wizard. A mi me ha funcionado. Espero que os sirva.

You try 'GraphicsEnabler=No' with that 660ti?

That wasn't the issue... The problem is FCPX! Lockups occur when FCPX is in use. Same as 10.8.2.

Thanks for the thought!
Maybe the next update to FCPX 10.0.8 will fix all...

Well..here's the update!

Now if only FCPX would work properly with the new NVIDIA cards. Dang. The long wait for Apple to do something with the Mac Pro architecture continues.
The update to FCPX and OSX helped, a little, but the only way I can make the program happy (meaning it doesn't freeze often) is to turn off background rendering and choose better performance. The settings are under preferences.

Why doesn't MB unload/load kexts it installs?

Updated to 10.8.3, no issues except audio, so I ran MB to reinstall the two kexts. After quitting MB, sound was not working because the stock 10.8.3 kext was still loaded. Why doesn't MB do a kextunload, followed by kextload of the two kexts it installs? As soon as I did that, sound worked fine. No reboot needed.

BTW, for Syba Firewire users: My PCI card (SD-LP-TIFWB) is working fine in 10.8.3. If your PCIe card is dead and you need a solution fast, try picking up that card if you have a PCI slot on your motherboard. They're only about $25.

That wasn;t the issue... The problem is FCPX! Lockups occur when FCPX is in use. Same as 10.8.2.

dakotaht,

I don't know if you have seen or tried these fixes but they did help me out of a show stopping jam. Especially #11.

http://fcpx.tv/troubleshooting.html

I hope this helps you out!

Trouble free update for me so far... :)

Made a new Unibeast USB after downloading the full 10.8.3 installer from the Appstore.
Installed OSX, booted into OSX via the Unibeast USBand ran multibeast with 3 things selected for my UP5 TH (dsdt free, hnacks ethernet driver, GE=no - I use a separate USB device for Audio so don't need those kexts).
Booted first time and now I'm writing this!

Whole procedeure was done whilst running off a MSI GTX 660 Ti (single display on DVI socket. I long ago disabled all the HD4000 graphics options in my bios and have never had an issue installing with the GTX driving my display).

Just need to get CUDA up and running and start doing some benchmarks.
Has anyone found any benefit to the iMac 13,1 (rather than iMac 12,2) smbios with regards Ivybridge CPU's, pstates and what not...?

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7-3770K, HD4000, raid0. Installed combo update, multibeast for audio, restart, no problems.

No joy for me: can't boot since using the combo updater.
My setup: Customac mini deluxe 2012

Tried booting from the HD, as well as using my Lion unibeast USB flash drive. Unplugged all USB devices, except for the Unibeast flash drive. Last few messages at the console are about Bluetooth. I usually use the Targus USB Bluetooth transceiver.

I'll keep reading through the comments: hope someone has seen this and figured out a fix. :|

Same Mobo, same CPU but with GTX660. First few boots with -v start also hung around Bluetooth.
It turned out not the USB but the Internal Graphic setting in BIOS. Turned that off and everything is fine.
At least that works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back