OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
My System:
Gigabyte Z77MX-DS3H TH

i7 3770k
Gigabyte GTX 670
16 gb RAM

After updating through Appstore I got stuck on the apple screen with an error message. This is my first hackintosh and my first update so i don't know what to do... can anyone help me?

hackintosh%20error.JPG

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

I updated through AppStore (should have read this thread first). I get the current message on boot, and it hangs:

"Debugger called: </SourceCache/GraphicsDrivers/GraphicsDrivers-8.10.44/Common/IONDRV/Intel/IVB/AppleIntelFrameBuffer/AppleINtelController.cpp:12351 Assertion failed: (0 == i) || ((pfbInfo->rangeStolen.phyBase - pfbInfoPrev->rangeSt"

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH with a Nvidia GTX 680 card. Internal HD4000 is disabled. I get this with it enabled too.

Any ideas what this is about, and how to solve?

My setup is defined as a iMac late 2012 btw.

Sorry about the doublepost - I can't find out how to delete posts here..

I managed to solve this now. I think this is how I did it (I've been tryting various stuff for the last day):

* Removed the Nvidia card from the PCI slot, enabled HD4000 so that I could boot into OS X.
* Deleted the /Extra folder, and run MultiBeast again (remember the
GraphicsEnabler=No option) .
* Restarted and disabled the HD4000 in BIOS
* Logged into OS X normally.

I have a suspicion that the NVRAM and device-property stuff inside /Extra folder was the issue. They are no longer present there when I set up the /Extra folder again - and it works.

I also discovered something nice today, that one can have VT-d on in BIOS if using the dart=0 kernel option. Nice if your're running Virtual Box or other virtualization software.

Everything else seems to work stable now.

Hello you all,

Success here , Gigabyte Z77M-D3H and XFX Nvidia 9600GT. No issues at all, Combo Update method. No need to mess with Audio after reboot, working good as ever. I use Voodoo HDA VT2021 with this mobo, from Multibeast 4.7.

GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570K
Club3D HD6870 1GB

Installed Combo, multibeast for audio, reboot, trim enabler. Everything working smoothly thusfar. 13.8k GeekBench.

After a few installs I finally got 10.8.3 installed. Kept running into a USBMSC Identifier (non unique) error on boot. Wouldn't boot into safe mode either. After a bit of searching on this great forum. I realized that the error was more OSX/USB related than HacIntosh. Here's how I got my system working:

Restored from a CCC clone of 10.8.2 (Always do a clone before system update.)
Unplugged all unnecessary USB devices including hub in my Dell monitor.
Repaired permissions with Disk Utility. (Not sure if this was necessary but didn't hurt)
Ran the combo 10.8.3 installer. (Don't reboot. Just let this installer wait while you do the next 2 steps.)
I ran KextBeast to roll back the AppleACPIPlatform.kext. (I've attached the version that worked for me.)
Ran Multibeast and installed 898 audio driver.
Rebooted and all was good.
Plugged in all my USB devices and rebooted. Same, all good.
Ran Groth TRIM Enabler (apple store donateware) enabler to get TRIM support.

I'm running:
- GA-z77-ud5h
- i7 3770k 3.5 GHz
- 16 GB RAM
- XFX 6870 2GB (3 - 24" monitors)
- Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD (OSX)
- Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD (Windows 7)
- 2TB Seagate internal (data)
- 1.5TB WD TimeMachine (case eSATA slot)
- 500GB WD System clone (case eSATA slot)

Thanks to all the patient people who worked through all these things and then had the heart to write a few words about how they got them working.

Cheers!

Attachments

• AppleACPIPlatform.kext.zip
    232.1 KB · Views: 89

Under 10.8.2 (and before the 10.8.3 update), I installed the latest Nvidia OS X drivers, and patched the libclh.dylib with a hex editor to recognize the new Nvidia drivers. THEN I updated to 10.8.3, got zero errors (on anything), and the 10.8.3 updated the 650 ti installed under 8.2 as a NVIDIA D14P2-30 in 8.3.

Ritey

WHat about the OpenCL patch for the OpenCL located in Framweworks, is that patch needed besides the libclh.dylib for the Nvidia 5x cards. We no longer patch the GeForceGLDriver and only the libclh.dylib?

Will the multibeast patch for OpenCL located in frameworks do the job? I am not sure if Multibeast has the option to patch the libclh.dylib especially if its a new version in 10.8.3?

I know there are perl scripts floating around in one of the Nvidia threads to patch both OpenCL and libclh.dylib binaries.

My System:
Gigabyte Z77MX-DS3H TH

i7 3770k
Gigabyte GTX 670
16 gb RAM

After updating through Appstore I got stuck on the apple screen with an error message. This is my first hackintosh and my first update so i don't know what to do... can anyone help me?

hackintosh%20error.JPG

Boot in -x mode and delete vodoohda from /S/L/E. Reboot.

Only thing I'm noticing is that my SYBA firewire 800 card isn't showing up in System Profiler. Too bad i don't have my firewire hard drive near to test it at the moment. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002S53IG8/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M2T1_ST1_dp_1 :(

lkGoX7X.png

I'm not sure you can trust Apple System Profiler with a Hackintosh. I have a Gigabyte board with Thunderbolt, with a UA Apollo audio interface attached. System Profiler shows the same message (no supported hardware found), but the UA drivers and Apollo work perfectly. (I'm still on 10.8.2)

After following this thread I was a little apprehensive to update since I am in the middle of a FCPX project. I updated my HTPC with minimal trouble (reloading audio via Multi Beast) so I decided to take the plunge. Here are the steps I took and everything went without a hitch:

GA-z77x-ud5h
i7 3770K
EVGA SC GTX 650 ti
Sandisk Extreme SSD 120GB

Upgrading to 10.8.3
1. Installed latest CUDA drivers via System Preferences
2. Installed update via App Store (not combo update)
3. Rebooted (prayed, crossed fingers, etc.)
4. Deleted AppleHDA.kext
5. Ran latest MB to install mobo audio drivers
6. Repaired permissions using Disk Utility.
7. Rebooted: Audio now working as before... Yeah!
8. Re-enabled TRIM support via http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/
9. Rebooted: TRIM working per system info
10. Re-enabled GPU acceleration in CS6 via http://www.vidmuze.com/how-to-enable-gpu-cuda-in-adobe-cs6-for-mac/ (Having NVidia card being labeled by driver instead of by card's name causes previous card enabling to become broken so you have to do this again and name it as it appears. Mine was D14P2-30)

So far everything is working as it should (as far as I can tell).

GA-Q77M-D2H
i5 3570K
Internal HD4000
16GB DDR3

Installed Combo, multibeast for audio only, then reboot.
Trim enabler from http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/ via Terminal commands as per instructions for 10.8.3. (including refresh of the system’s kernel extension cache command).

Graphics still seen as 512MB.
Intel S-ATA now seen as "Intel 7 Series Chipset" instead of "unknown"
Ethernet kext untouched from original Multibeast install (not tested - using wifi)
Bluetooth still says in log "The IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current .... .... asked for 400mA but got 0 mA" It said this in 10.8.2 as well but it all (including USB3) works and appears full speed. I gather the 10.8.1 kext gave no reports of this.
Very minor gain in geekbench score of 10093 from approx. 9950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back