Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ran the update from the App store, didnt need to re run Multibeast, just update the Cuda driver. Everything works as it should, with a quicker shutdown time!!

Installed via combo update, just rollback with multibeat without dsdt alc 889 for the audio and everything working great

My Build
Intel Core I-7 2600k 3,4 GHZ
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP UD3 Rev 1.3 UEFI BIOS

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16 gb ddr3 @1600 mhz
CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
HDD1: Seagate ST3750528AS 750 GB

HDD2: Western Digital WDC WD20EARS-00MVWB0 2 TB

NVIDIA GIGABYTE GTX 660TI 2GB DDR-5

Power Supply: 600 Watt Thermaltake

24 inch Monitor: BenQ LED VW2420H
40 inch TV:
UE40ES6200 (3D Smart TV)

Update successfully (eventually) my rig (simple MacPro3,1, Z77X-UP5 & i7-3770K-HD4000 that's it).

- Copied the Startup partition to a backup partition (just in case).
- Applied the 10.8.3 combo update successfully.
- Restarted and there was no Menu Bar :(
- Pressed the the Power Button to go to sleep.
- Pressed power again to wake up.....now had the Menu Bar back
- Shutdown and rebooted...no menu bar :(
- Sleep and wake and shut down.
- Reboot, and installed AppleHDA.kext using kext wizard and restarted
- Have Menu Bar now...All OK

A bit weird but now sorted :)

Ran Cinebench and the scores went up 20% (from 22 fps to 26)...so some improvement on the HD4000 driver.
Still get the long shutdown/restart times (sometimes 20 secs) that many real Mac users are complaining about...so 10.8.3 has not fixed that issue.

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Seems to be working fine on my new hackintosh. In fact, until I did the upgrade to 10.8.3, I had previously been unable to get the system to boot at all using a EVGA GTX 660 for graphics. Now it boots fine and everything appears to work except the audio.

The key I found for me was following all the BIOS guide steps for Gigabyte 7 series MB (I've got GA-7ZZX-UDH5), PLUS disabling VT-d. Prior to disabling VT-d in the BIOS I was only able to get it to boot using built in graphics and -x. After disabling VT-d I was able to boot without -x, but with my 10.8.2 install I was still unable to boot with the GTX 670 installed.

Also, followed MB setup described on this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...77x-ud5h-i7-3770-ivy-bridge-gtx-670-a-17.html

And then I installed the latest nVidia CUDA drivers, followed by upgrade to 10.8.3.

Any tips for getting audio to work now?

Just did the update and I have no sound. Running a P55A-UD3. I've reinstalled the AppleUSBAudio.kext that was working in 10.8.2, but that doesn't help. Kext Utility, times out clearing the System Cache.

Not sure what to do.

Update to 10.8.3 went super smooth. Core i7 3770K, GA-Z77X-UD5H, EVGA GT 640.

Steps:
Repair Permissions Through Disk Utility
Run 10.8.3 Combo Update
Install Realtek 898 via MultiBeast
Restart System
Enabled TRIM via http://www.groths.org Trim Enabler
Restart System

Everything is gravy!!!!

I installed TRIM via multibeast but it didn't work so I attempted to download Chameleon but it seems the server isn't working so I opted for Groths.

Hmm, everything working on my Z77X-UDH5 FW14, I7-3770, 32GB, Samsung 256GB 840 PRO SSD Just using the onboard HD4000 for video, Using MacMini6,1
My only problem is when I do a shutdown, it does shutdown the OS but not my computer.
What am I missing?
Thanks

Smooth update - thanks to info from here.

GA-Z77 - DS3H with Intel i5 2500K, 16Gig RAM, Samsung SSD, MSI NVidia Geforce GTX660 2Gb card

Backed up to be safe...

Downloaded Cuda update from Nvidia for 10.8.3 and installed before anything else - reboot

Downloaded 10.8.3 Combo update, already had MBeast 5.2.1 on system, downloaded Chameleon TRIM optimiser having seen comments that MBeast trim wouldn't take.

Ran the Combo update, then BEFORE a restart reinstalled Audio kext from Multibeast (Realtek ALC8xx without DSDT - ALC887) then restarted/rebooted.

Rebooted cleanly, sound working just fine, all seems okay except TRIM - as expected.

Tried Multibeast TRIM and restarted, by this failed to enable TRIM, so moved to Chameleon SSD Optimiser and toggled enable and restarted when prompted.

Booted cleanly again this time TRIM is confirmed as enabled in System Info.

System Info reports/Identifies Processor and Graphics Card correctly

Only additional hardware is a bluetooth usb dongle for connecting to Apple wireless keyboard and mouse - bluetooth remained fully operational.

Thanks to all previous posters for taking the guesswork out of this update....

Article: OS X 10.8.3 Update

Hmm, everything working on my Z77X-UDH5 FW14, I7-3770, 32GB, Samsung 256GB 840 PRO SSD Just using the onboard HD4000 for video, Using MacMini6,1
My only problem is when I do a shutdown, it does shutdown the OS but not my computer.
What am I missing?
Thanks

IB PM is not fully working yet, Toleda has a thread on how to enable and use it by making a IB SSDT.

Please, help with Sentey GT610 1040 DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back