Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH - Need to roll back AppleACPIPlatform.kext, others wise everything seems fine so far !

How do you KNOW you need to do that? I got the white screen spinning as well on my HP Probook, but I started up and chose the option to ignore system cache and it works fine with that...

Typical boot failture after 10.8.2. update troubleshooting.

Boot in to safe mode (-x), your system should boot this way if you're having this crash
Open Terminal, and type "sudo mv /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext/Contents/PlugIns/OemSMBIOS.kext /Users/youraccountname/" (replacing youraccountname with the appropriate account name )
Still in Terminal, type "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /" followed by "sudo kextcache -system-caches" (or repair permissions and update kext caches in any other way you prefer)
Reboot.

For Radeon 6xxx users.
-x
- We see a white screen. Turn sleep mode, wake up.
- Move OemSMBIOS.kext as above
- Profit!

How to restore the sound, see the upper thread.

This solved my problem upgrading to 10.8.2.
Asus X79 Sabertooth
AMD 6850

But no Onboard audio not even after installing multibeast. Currently using usb Audio.
And my smbios. Kext wasn't in the provided location. It was in /system/library/extension

Thank You.

I have an odd problem with my ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3 + GTX 560 system. The system will boot all the way with no KP's or errors yet when it goes to load the desktop the monitors do not receive a signal.

I remember getting this back when I installed ML and PCIRootUID=0 worked but its not doing the trick now. I have tried all the combinations I can think of to get it to come up..

Anyone else getting this?

I have an odd problem with my ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3 + GTX 560 system. The system will boot all the way with no KP's or errors yet when it goes to load the desktop the monitors do not receive a signal.

I remember getting this back when I installed ML and PCIRootUID=0 worked but its not doing the trick now. I have tried all the combinations I can think of to get it to come up..

Anyone else getting this?

Does anyone know why some UD3H and UD5H users need to disable VT-d in BIOS? I had the same issue, but I can't figure out why it won't boot without it.

I'm not using any custom FakeSMC.kext, maybe that's why? I would rather not have this disabled if I don't have to.

Im having the same problem as others here. Keep spinning at apple's logo.
10.8.1 updated to 10.8.2 via combo update
Ga-z68-ma-d2h b3
i5 2500 (no k)
SSD Corsair 128

Use these instructions to fix this.. fixed it for me. http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion/

Also, visit the forum post here.. we're working on some of these issues. http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/72955-10-8-2-combo-update.html#post453609

Updated from "Software Update" everything fine and running perfectly, I just had to do the "intel vt-d" bios fix, but that's all, I have sound working without reinstalling it and OpenCL working fine too.

Just audio kext re install as expected
no problems here! z77 up5 th i7

I have lost audio drivers, no audio now. I dont know what to do now. I ran Multibeast it was not helpful. Should I re-install mountain lion to fix my audio issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back