Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successful update using the built in software update.

GA-z77x-ud5h
i3770k
Corsair RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6870

make sure to back up with time machine before you try it!

For some people OEMsmbios.kext may just be in S/L/E. Delete the kext, repair permissions, and reboot. All should be good to go.

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

You should download the edited AppleACPIPlatform.kext from my previous post boot up with -f -x put it on the desktop with Kextbeast and run it then reboot with -f.

::::FOR EVERYBODY::::

THIS METHOD HAS WORKED THROUGH ALL THE 10.8.2 BETAS AND WORKS 100% NOW

THIS FIXES THE OemSMBIOS PROBLEM WITHOUT HAVING TO DELETE IT FROM FAKESMC.kext

THIS MEANS YOU WON'T LOOSE YOUR SYSTEM DEFINITION AND SERIAL NUMBER WHICH WILL CAUSE PROBLEMS WITH SOME APPLE SOFTWARE AND ACTIVATED 3RD PARTY SOFTWARE.

IF YOU HAVE CONSTANT SPINNING WHEEL OR ARE RECEIVING ERRORS ABOUT OemSMBIOS.kext THIS WILL LIKELY FIX IT.

SOURCE:
http://www.insanlynac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=282162&view=findpost&p=1852962

Thanks for this. Worked perfectly for me.

So,no one else is experiencing usb sound distortion? Mine is terrible :/

I had to delete the OEMsmbios.kext as described in the 1st post here. Then, I replaced the AppleHDA.kext with toleda's and now it seems to work!

I had to delete the OEMsmbios.kext as described in the 1st post here. Then, I replaced the AppleHDA.kext with toleda's "ML alpha" and now it seems to work!

GA-Z68MX-UD2h-B3
I5 2500K
DSDT with HDMI edits

GA-Z77-DS3H
i-3570K
HD4000

All I did was copy the AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E to the desktop then deleted the OEMSMBIOS.kext from S/L/E/fake smc plugins. Ran the 10.8.2 combo upgrade. Used kext wizard to reinstall the Apple HDA kext to S/L/E then repaired permissions etc, rebooted and everything working.

On a system based on the EP45-DS3L/8200/Sapphire 5570 GFX which updated fine in the same way the only issue is the Apple DVD player application crashes on start up but vlc player works fine so it is not a major issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back