Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
All working fine in first go without any problem. * GA-77X-UP4TH * Intel i7-3770 * Downloaded from apple.com as suggested by tonymac86

Updated via App Store. All fine.
GA-Z77X-UD5H - i5-3570K - HD4000

Everything working just fine , GA H77-d3h i5 3450 vga 6570 SSD kingston 60GB , my geekbench up to 10 000 . Thanks

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

What did the kernel panic refer to? I also had a kernel panic after the update. I just replaced the kernels causing the KP (IOAHCIFamily and IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector) with the ones I had from my previous backup. Now, everything's dandy :)

It panic was related to SyncMate so I uninstalled it. I had replaced AppleAHCIPort.kext and IOAHCIFamily.kext with the ones from Lion as I was experiencing really slow boot times. It appears that 10.8.1 does not like the Lion versions of these kexts. I reinstated the 10.8 versions with KEXTBEAST and rebooted then ran the 10.8.1 standalone installer. It worked fine this time. The only problem now is that the 'Slow boot' is back. What on earth is it doing for 40 seconds! I suppose its probably best waiting for 10.8.2 as presumably this will be a more substantial update.

Thanks to those who's posts helped! 

UPDATE: Managed to get the fast boot re-enabled in 10.8.1 by using the instructions in post #5 (Vahan) of

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/69200-10-8-1-f-boot-issues.html

all fine here - no problems what so ever. GA Z77X-UP4 TH

Smooth update without problems on GA-EP45-UD3L F9 with Q9550 8GB Corsair XMS.
No need to redo anything -all good.

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

Smooth update; no problems on GA-EP45-UD3L F9 with Q9550 8GB Corsair XMS.
No need to change or add anything from MB.

I have a HUGE issue.... My Mac will not boot into 10.8.1 since the update :( I keep getting "PCI configuration begin" I used the following flags and still have the same issue

-userkernelcache=no -x -f -v = Same issue

-usekernelcache=no -PCIRootUID=0 -f -x = Same issue I also tried the PCI root uid 1 :( please help

p67-UDA-B3 Bios F8 not working after the 10.8.1 install I keep getting the pci config issue. I have tried all the flags I can think of from the kernelcache flags and the rootuid flags does any1 have any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back