Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.1 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
p55-ud2m here. updated through app store. got an installation failed message. upon reboot, everything seems fine and it says 10.8.1 in About This Mac. i did notice that Messages actually works for me. since 10.8, it wouldn't send picture messages and would create problems sending picturing messages using my other ios devices, so i had to disable it on my hackintosh. now i can enable it on the hack, and everything is working like Lion again. so i'm happy about that!

Updated perfectly with absolutely no issue from Combo Updater. UEFI Bios Z68MA-D2H-B3 rev 1.3 w/ eVGI 560 GTX vanilla + Core i5 2500K.

Had to reinstall the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet driver from Multibeast

Upgrade worked using app store. Had to re-enable TRIM with trim enabler app.

All my 3 hackintoshes got updated without any issues via App Store:
ASUS P5N7A-VM 4GB Core 2 Quad
EVGA 730i 4GB Core 2 Quad
GIGABYTE Z86X-UD3H-B3 i5-2500K

Just update from the app store and everything ok, no problem at all. h61n-usb3, core i3 2105, 2x4gb= 8gb corsair xms3, case MI-008, etc etc. Still waiting for someone that help me step by step get the sound on the hdmi. an d someone who asure if usb 3 work or don´t.

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

Everything working swell so far *crosses fingers* fixed my audio (for now) and USB problems

This update 10.8.1 killed the sleep in my machine: q77m-d2h. When I hit to sleep, the screen is going black and power led is still on but nothing happens. I have ro reset the machine, but I even have to unplug and replug from the power the apple cinema display to get signal again.
What can I do now? Should I use sleepenabler again, however with 10.8 I had no problem at with my dsdt free system?

Article: OS X 10.8.1 Update

OK so I updated on my main boot SSD and now I can't boot from it. After the update i saw that the mach_kernel was now visible instead on invisible(from second boot disk). I made a copy of it on the desktop of the second drive. I deleted it and tried booting again this time saying mach_kernel like I was expecting. The weird thing is that when I went to boot back onto second drive again it instead booted onto the SSD. But when I try and boot into the SSD it doesn't work. When I replace the mac_kernel on the SSD the second boot drives into the system on it. I have no clue why I can't boot into the SSD since it allows me when I remove the mach_kernel and try and boot from a totally different drive.

Figured it out.
I had used the Lion kexts to fix the boot speed and they had to be reinstalled for some reason. After doing that it starting working fine. I had also gotten the failed load like a few others. This may have been what it was but it still says that I am on 10.8.1 so no complaints here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back