Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.6 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting!

So does that mean: update the nVidia graphics drivers first and then apply the OS X update afterwards?

No, I tried but the driver will not install. We must first apply the updating 10.11.6 and redmarre system with minimum graphic definition. We can then install the Nvidia driver.

Did anyone lose audio? I used MultiBeast instead of CloverALC... (is there a good guide to switch to CloverALC? ...I saved the original AppleHDA.kext

I'm using Nvidia web drivers and this is what works for me:

1. Go to clover config and set the following
- uncheck "nvda_drv=1"
- check "nv_disable=1"
- check "verbose" (Optional but super helpful for avoiding black screens).
2. Run the update via app store and let it reboot to mac.
3. Nvidia driver manager will prompt you to install the update, if not go to the Nvidia panel and check for updates.
4. Go back to clover config and return to your original settings.
5. reboot and done.

Did anyone lose audio? I used MultiBeast instead of CloverALC... (is there a good guide to switch to CloverALC? ...I saved the original AppleHDA.kext

me

Interesting. Yet is there a reason why to update from 10.11.5 that works almost perfectly?
The only glitches are a) it doesn't restart but b) it restarts automatically after shut down. But it sleeps and wakes up nicely.
Nick

Sounds like you answered your own question.

Interesting. Yet is there a reason why to update from 10.11.5 that works almost perfectly?
The only glitches are a) it doesn't restart but b) it restarts automatically after shut down. But it sleeps and wakes up nicely.
Nick

Huh? Restart? Ive updated 4 machines to 10.11.6 and restart works fine.

Updated my mini system with HD 7950 straight forward with no issues, the other system running 980ti won't be anytime soon as I'm reading a lot of problems with NVIDIA web driver.

For me, even the stable web driver gives some micro weird graphical behavior here and there, HD 7950 gives nothing more than insane OpenCL performance which OS X loves.

Nothing passes away from my eyes, I see everything o_O

View attachment 203909
Hey,

could you please tell me how could you get your graphics card's name displayed correctly? I have a Sapphire 7850 2GB Dual-X and it is recognized as AMD HD 7xxx Series.

Thank you for your kind help!

Last edited:
Sounds like you answered your own question.
It's not worth the pain, is it?
There is a saying in French: "Le mieux est parfois l'ennemi du bien." or "The better is sometimes the ennemy of the good." I don't know the equivalent in English.
Huh? Restart? Ive updated 4 machines to 10.11.6 and restart works fine.
I don't care enough about restarting (I just need to "shut down") or shutting down (I can use the a switch) so I think I'll pass.
Nick

It's not worth the pain, is it?
There is a saying in French: "Le mieux est parfois l'ennemi du bien." or "The better is sometimes the ennemy of the good." I don't know the equivalent in English...
I'll try to be clearer. I think given your problems, updating won't hurt you...might even help. Additionally, I'd check the El Capitan Desktop Guides forum section to find an owner of the same motherboard to see how that person solved your problems that you mentioned before. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back