Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prohibited logo after update. Post on support

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for all of your support and documentation. I have managed with a bit of trial and error to get my system up and running with 10.11.5. However, I now have an issue with my Ethernet being disabled. I am pretty certain that it is the 10.11.5 update that is the culprit, because my Mac Pro (Early 2009) and my Hackintosh both have the same problem, however there are no problems with Ethernet access on my Windows 10 machine or my older Mac Pro (10.7.5). I was concerned that the Ethernet driver didn't kick in with the Clover installation, but since the real Mac is also having the same problem, I am convinced that it is an OS issue and not a driver issue. Also, my third party wifi dongle is working, which is how I was able to make this post. Thoughts? Suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 9.18.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 9.18.31 PM.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 211
What does the code line below do? Do I need to do it? Thanks!

sudo trimforce enable

sudo trimforce enable
In this update, Apple finally allows us to enable TRIM on SSDs without using a Third Party App. As a pre-caution, research to make sure your SSD is capable of running TRIM before you run it. Not needed for boot hard drives, SSDs ONLY.

Thank you, ope22! My boot drive is an SSD. But I think I will leave it as is and not use the code.

Anyone having an issue of shutdown not working properly? I updated via the App Store to 10.11.5 and now it seems shutdown is not working as expected, it just performs a reboot. Sleep works as expected and I can wake the machine from that.

I'm not really sure where to begin troubleshooting this particular issue. Other than performing that update, nothing else has really changed at the OS level.

Ello Bro,

Im using Intel HD 4600 graphic, El Capitan 10.11.0.
Can I just update El Capitan 10.11.5 directly from Appstore without any other Step?

Previously, I had problem with the update.
I can't load and always stay black background with apple boot logo and load so long.
I'm newbie to Hackintosh.

Please guide me.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 7.46.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-18 at 7.46.00 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 325
Last edited:
Did a fresh install to 10.11.5 on my i5-3570k / GA-Z77-DS3H rev 1.0 + HD4000. Seems more stable than 10.10.x with less false boots and radom wakeups from sleep. Thanks!

TL;DR
Bought a 250GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, installed 10.11.5 directly using unibeast. Used Multibeast 8.2.2 to finalize install and install audio Realtek 887 drivers. Then did a file migration from the 128GB SSD with the legacy Yosemite install.

SysDef: MacMini6,2

SSDT setup: Added ssdt since the default OSX speedstep was not to my liking and I o/c to 3.9 GHz which was not being used.
1. use ssdtprgen.sh to generate ssdt.aml for the i5-3570k with BIOS overclock to 3.9 GHz
2. cp generated ssdt.aml file to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched
3. select Clover config: ACPI -> SSDT: drop OEM
4. Set Clover Boot flag: -xcpm

Enabled TRIM via trimforce

USB 3.0 works great.
I have not tried Ethernet since I use Wi-Fi

Summary:
Found it easier to do a fresh install on a clean SSD. With these drives so cheap it's safer to swap SSDs then migrate user data using the built in migration tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back