Contribute
Register

OS X 10.11.5 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
After more digging, I don't think the update went well. It said it couldn't verify installation and after rebooting it just shuts down. I'm getting a CPU Halted error.

Updated to 10.11.5 and then installed the latest NVIDIA driver.
As with the previous update 10.11.4, I had to fix Problem #4 again from the following post (I'm using 17,1 system definition):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Did you follow method 1 or 2. I checked my config after updating the web drivers to 10.11.5 and the patch is still there, but it no longer works. What did you do exactly ?

I had to use method 2 to fix it myself. I'm still curious why method 1 doesn't work ?...

Last edited:
Did you follow method 1 or 2. I checked my config after updating the web drivers to 10.11.5 and the patch is still there, but it no longer works. What did you do exactly ?

I had to use method 2 to fix it myself. I'm still curious why method 1 doesn't work ?...
The Clover patch has never worked for me either using SMBIOS 17,1. It seems to not cover all scenarios and is an incomplete fix.

Instead, look for an app called AGDPfix.app (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/b...r-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113). It automates patching the kext for you. I've used it the last three times I've updated and it works fine. After updating, boot with nv_disable=1. Then install the latest Nvidia web drivers and run AGDPfix. Reboot with nvda_drv=1 and you're good to go.

Updated via combo and then reinstalled Nvidia web driver, and no issue encountered. So boring update.

Updated my GA-H170N-WiFi with i3-6100 (using integrated HD530 graphics) from 10.11.4 to 10.11.5 using the app store update without any hassle. Just had to re-enter my iCloud password as some of you already mentioned.

GA-H170-HD3 DDR4 updated without any issues :thumbup:

the update got stuck at the end on restarting, black screen and spinner for a long time. I had to reset.
rebooted twice. but now restart hangs everytime. I heard that people said try re-install the combo update over the previous install will fix it. going to try.

Flawless update on Clover with the app store update
Audio & Trim still good
Didn't even bother doing NVdisable=1 command upon restart this time round as previously it caused a crash on 10.11.4
Upon logging back in with crappy video nvidia updated drivers automatically & restarted.
Happy Dayz! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back