Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem for me updating via the App Store, just the usual re-install of Audio ALC 898 and Nvidia web driver for my installation.

System seems as smooth as ever.

Everything is fine, booted with nv_disable=1
Installed 898 sound with HDAs and enabled trim with command line sudo trimforce enable
Thanks Stork for the nv_disable=1 tip
:headbang:
Screen Shot 2015-07-04 at 16.46.50.jpgScreen Shot 2015-07-04 at 16.46.58.jpgScreen Shot 2015-07-04 at 16.47.09.jpg

Success for me: Clover, X99M Extreme4, 3.3GHz i7-5820K, Asus Strix GTX 970 OC 4GB, iMac 14,2 SMBIOS, upgrade via App Store from 10.10.3

Whenever I lose the NVidia web drivers I have to install my backup graphics card: EVGA 8400 GS and choose to Inject NVidia from the Clover graphics options. Boot up, install web drivers, shut down, replace graphics card and boot as normal.

Still can't get iMessage back to a working state, but that broke before I upgraded (Contacts on iMessage show up as red, i.e. is not registered for iMessage. I can send as SMS by linking with my iPhone). No idea what stopped it working.

Super easy to update for me.

• Install update
  • Restart
  • Open Multibeast, reload saved .mb file
  • Kext Wizard > Reload networking kext file
  • Install Nvidia 10.10.4 driver
  • Restart
  • Done

Yosemite native drivers supported my videocard.

Working great here, updated from App Store.
Apple nvidia drivers (Quadro 4000), and Samsung 850 EVO not trimmed.

Updated directly from App Store app. Rebooted. No problems. Sound working. iMessage working. Clover install

If you ain't on clover you need to get there. Updated just like my MacBook. No loss of TRIM, audio, iMessage. No commands needed. Just appstore update and reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back