Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well as expected, I installed the update and now my build doesn't boot up. The black line just gets about a third way across the screen and halts. I've tried booting using my unibeast usb stick and it does the same thing. I haven't done a verbose bootup yet so it'll be interesting to see what actually happens.

Quick note to All:

I installed 10.10.3 and the DP of my R9280X didn't work. HDMI worked at native resolution, but with what I call 'blocky' fonts, which I'd experienced before when not using DP. My display is a B296CL, 2560X1080.

DP works with display mirroring and HDMI as primary, but again with blocky fonts. I thought about playing with System Definitions, but since I've applied the EFI partition hack to deal with the 'HD 7xxx' legacy boot issue, I pulled the rip cord; long live Carbon Copy Cloner and back to 10.10.2 until motivated. Haven't had much luck with Clover here despite two decades of professional systems and development experience.

YMMV, Cheers.

P.S. Should have mentioned I'm using iMac 13,2, which supports full acceleration of the R9280X and draws less current than Pro 3,1.

Works perfect (also with Supplemental update after 10.10.3)

sebus

Succesful update.

• Repaired disk permissions
  • Installed 10.10.3 Combo Update
  • Booted into 10.10.3 and repaired disk permissions again

Clover (iMac14,2). Intel HD4600 processor graphics.

Fixed the TRIM support issue by adding this to config.plist:
Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>TRIM Enabler</string>
			</dict>
		</array>

I'm new to the hackintosh world. After I updated, I've been having troubles booting. I haven't done anything to my computer other than updating it. Please help.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.5 KB · Views: 210
System definition signature. Multiple kernel panics after upgrade, though it seemed to boot okay until I logged in. Eventually I got booted in safe mode, downloaded MultiBeast 7.1, reinstalled my audio driver and changed my system definition from 7,1 to 5,1.

After that multiple kernel panics in AppleTyMCEDriver. I removed the LogitechUnifying.kext, AppleHDA.kext, and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and now I've successfully booted into 10.10.3 -- at least once ;)

I'm going to try a few more reboots and may move AppleHDA and LogitectUnifying back into /System/Library/Extensions.

What actually is the AppleTyMCEDriver?

Everything works (sound after mb install & trim after method in Post #55)

GA-Z68XP-UD3
GTX 560 Ti
Dual Monitor

I updated without problem apparently, as after 2 days, I didn't notice anything wrong, no crash or else going south.
I updated from 10.10.2 and just reinstalled audio driver and put the command into the terminal to reactivate trim. Repaired permissions, restart and done. 15 minutes top.:headbang:

Well after following the method suggested here, I updated and my pc failed to boot afterwards. The screendump below shows how far it boots before stopping.

Luckily I took a copy of my build with CCC and can revert back to 10.10.2, but I would like to know what's happening here so I can fix it and learn how to prevent this in future.

hackintosh boot fail.jpg

Updated from 10.10.2 following instructions posted at the beginning of this thread. Everything is working as before!! I have all mods done using Clover. I also install the 10.10.3 supplement without a problem or post install tweaks. I'm glad I moved to the clover boot loader.

running on z77 UD5H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back