Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So uhm.. I updated succesfuly, everything works, except for nvidia drivers, it says I have wrong build number for the newest installer, guess I'm gonna have to wait (has something to do with the suplemental update) .. but my system now doesnt recognize my GPU (GTX 650 2GB).. Check screenshot.. Shows "Nividia chip model 256mb". Any idea how to fix this?

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2015-04-17 v 14.31.54.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2015-04-17 v 14.31.54.png
    78.3 KB · Views: 245
I'd like a little advice before updating. I'm currently running 10.10.2 and everything is running almost perfectly, the only issue is with connecting to my bluetooth keyboard.

I have had problems in the past with updates "breaking" my install and having to start from scratch each time. So this time I want to take a full backup before updating.

I have downloaded Carbon Copy Cloner but this is where I'm having concerns. When I attempt to clone my install, CCC tells me that it wants to do this as "<mydiskname>.sparsebundle" which is described as a "Read/write sparse bundle disk image". When I change this to a "Read-only disk image" I have the option of having it saved as a .dmg file, which I'm pretty sure I want it to be. So I go ahead and create my .dmg file and that's pretty much job done then?

So how do I restore the image if it all goes pear-shaped? which I'm pretty much sure it will.

My system is a Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H board running i7-2600K, HD3000 hdmi graphics and audio, 12gb ram, 250gb sata3 hdd with a Gigabyte GC-WB867D-I combo wifi/bluetooth pci-e board.

A few notes:

1. MultiBeast users, we will be adding patched 10.10.3 AppleHDAs to the next version of MultiBeast. Likely we'll be releasing it in the next week. For now use MultiBeast 7.2 to reapply audio drivers.

2. 10.10.x TRIM patch from MultiBeast 7.2 doesn't work.

3. We will be releasing a new version of Chimera with Broadwell CPU and IGPU support soon. Stay tuned.

Any update on the 10.10.3 AppleHDA?

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source:
www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd

what do i do with that? just copy it into a terminal window????

So uhm.. I updated succesfuly, everything works, except for nvidia drivers, it says I have wrong build number for the newest installer, guess I'm gonna have to wait (has something to do with the suplemental update) .. but my system now doesnt recognize my GPU (GTX 650 2GB).. Check screenshot.. Shows "Nividia chip model 256mb". Any idea how to fix this?
Update Nvidia web driver: http://us.download.n...46.01.02f02.pkg

While I have been successfully using tonymacx86 system for months, the downside is I have forgotten how and where to enter the commands in terminal? From what directory do I do so? How do I do this in Terminal?

you use spotlight to search for terminal. Then you copy the command and you paste it in terminal

Excellent. Many thanks. Works great.

I just wanted to let everyone doing the update know that if you have ManyCam installed, UN-install it first.

I always give Apple's updates a few days on my real mac, and this one crashed on the first install reboot. First time I've seen that in a loooong time on a genuine mac.

The kernel panic is from the ManyCam kext in S/L/E

I booted into safe mode, removed the extension, and restarted. I was left with a grey boot screen and the slash circle.

Googling the issue brings up many developer posts about ManyCam issues with the beta of 10.10.3 and ManyCam hasn't addressed it.

I had to boot into recovery mode and re-download OS X from Apple to get it back up and running.

Just an FYI.

In case you didn't see it, the 10.10.3 supplemental update is out to fix this issue.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/162031-os-x-10-10-3-supplemental-update-released.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back