Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated without incident using the App Store. I use Clover as my bootloader. Audio survived, all sleep functions seem to work, everything appears to be stable.

This computer (Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H with i5 4690K and Nvidia 760) is by far the most stable and fully functional hackintosh I've ever built, and I love how it updated, just like a real mac.

Previous to the update, I had not enabled Trim, but I applied esafeddie's Clover TRIM patch as described in post #142, and now TRIM is in place. Thank you, ESAFEDDIE!

Here is a nice little patch to get Trim in Clover.

If you use Clover Configurator you can follow this steps:
go to Kernel and Kext Patches add a new row
in name put IOAHCIBlockStorage
in find hex put 004150504C452053534400
in replace hex put 0000000000000000000000
in comment you can write what you want (a description for example)
in InfoPlistPatch leave it as is (unchecked)
Save and reboot.

Mixed results.

:) Almost everything works as before. Re-enabled audio and TRIM.

:( However, it now takes nearly a minute :beachball: (45 seconds) before the Finder icons appear on the desktop and the computer is useable. (Booting off a Samsung SSD). I don't recall this being a problem before the update. Perhaps a driver or settings problem? Something wrong with the TRIM fix?

:?: Any ideas?

The setup:
Clover, Yosemite, i7-4770k, GA-Z87X-UD5H, SSD no graphics card. iMac14,2.

Update steps:
  • Installed 10.10.3 via the App Store.
  • Reinstalled the audio driver, ALC898 (AppleHDA.kext) using MultiBeast 7.2.0 (1).
  • Enabled TRIM using the third method listed here, as copied below:

In Clover Configurator:
  • go to Kernel and Kext Patches add a new row
  • in name put IOAHCIBlockStorage
  • in find hex put 004150504C452053534400
  • in replace hex put 0000000000000000000000
  • in comment you can write what you want (a description for example)
  • in InfoPlistPatch leave it as is (unchecked)
  • Save and reboot.
Haven't found anything in the forums here. Anyone else having this issue, or have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Hey guys, just installed 10.10.3. I got the black screen while trying to log in. Soi had to use nv-disable=0 (cant quite remember the code) and changed my system definition from 6,1 to 5,1. Now im getting a kernel panic at the login screen showing this.

I have the same problem with you, I ask you now to solve the problem yet, please share with me your success stories

Hello, I am experiencing problems after updating 10.10.3 when I want to save a new document. Chash!!

I appreciate any advice..!!

No pb for me with the app store update (Asus z97 pro wifi + ac).
Audio ran again with multibeast, and the trim patch was ok too. Thanks to all ;)

I turned of P and C states in the bootloader and that made my system stable again. I have no idea of if this issue is worth pursuing any further, do the p and c states have a critical importance to most systems?

Disaster for me installing 10.3.3, wish I'd have cloned my 10.3.2. Turning off P and C states helped to make the system last longer but it eventually crashes after 5 minutes or more now. Tried various smbios (iMac, Mac Mini, later Pro) settings but back to my original MacPro3,1. Previously 10.3.2 was perfectly stable, and perfect standby. Running Chimera (latest) and Nvidia web drivers.

Eight years of running a hackintosh but I'm looking to abandon it for Windows, the issues seem to be getting worse with every update and I'm tired of spending money on new motherboards.

*UPDATE* Installed Clover instead of Chameleon and it is working fine now.

Well it seems that I am not out of trouble...

Configuration (Before the Update)

Original Mac Pro Early 2008 (MacPro 3,1)
8GB RAM (4x2GB)
nVidia GeForce 760 GTX 2GB GDDR5
OS X 10.10.1

Configuration (After the Update)

Original Mac Pro Early 2008 (MacPro 3,1)
4GB RAM (2x2GB)
nVidia GeForce 760 GTX 2GB GDDR5
OS X 10.10.3

Ok everything was running fine before the update. Then I did the update (Both nVidia and OS X 10.10.3 via the AppStore) and suddenly 2 of my Memory stick stopped working. How i guessed? The light on front of my computer kept flashing. So I decided to remove the 2 memory stick on the bottom slider. And put one of the two stick on the top slider down and and it rebooted. nothing happened but the computer light wasn't flashing anymore.

I reinstalled my old FX Card (ATI Radeon Mac 3870 512MB GDDR5 in) i did an CMD+ALT+P+R to reset the PRAM settings and then i got access my desktop and changed the OS X Default Drivers to nVidia Web Drivers.

Then I got asked to reboot i clicked "Not Now". I shut down the computer and plugged in my GeForce in and miracle it did boot and was running the nVidia Drivers.

However I had to shut down my computer since I was going to bed.

When I turned it on the next day, the computer didn't want to access the desktop (Normal boot with the black screen as the nvidia card is in) - no flashing light just a regular booting light on the front of the MacPro itself but a dull blank black screen for a good 10 minutes I waited. The drives were in function and all.

So I decided to press the CTRL+ALT+Command and Escape to shut down my computer and it worked... The computer shut itself down. So what am I suppose to do now?

I have 2 memory stick that just "Fried" like that?! The comp dont want to restart when those are in the sliders (I even tried putting them instead of the other 2 and still same result.

I cannot restart my computer without having to change FX card each time to change the drivers it's getting really annoying...

Any suggestions/help at all?

It's annoying to be running with only 4GB memory... :(

PS.: I also have Multibeast installed on my computer is there anything i can do with it to try and solve this issue or ?

Updated It Successfully Without Any Problems, Just Had To Re-Install Audio Drivers Again Using Multibeast Version 7.1.1 For My Motherboard This Version Works, And Everything Else Works Perfectly, iMessages Included Which I've Been Trying On Chimera Unsuccessfully For Months.

xariona I suspect that your mixing of hackintosh kexts on your real Mac Pro is not the thing to be doing. I converted my Mac Pro along time ago to a hackintosh so I can not attempt to replicate your problems.

You may want to air your Mac problems on a Macintosh site.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back