Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I did exactly this, and now my system is completely dead. It boots right into a black screen with "kernel overflows available space This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!"

Any help?

I had the same thing. Booting with the -f parameter solved it.

HP elitebook 9470m, Clover bootloader.
Couldn't use Update .dmg or Combined update .dmg, so went the app store route. Installation seemed OK until the computer restarted as part of the install process. Then began the boot loop. AHH! :crazy:

After many attempts and much browsing I took this route to fix it...

Used Clover USB stick as an EFI boot option (this is the stick I used to do the original install on this machine)
The installer then finished, but things weren't right and still couldn't boot, looping before desktop starts
Used Clover USB stick as an EFI boot option again
Used Clover Configurator to mount EFI
Renamed config.plist to config.plist.OLD
Copied config.plist from Clover USB stick
Rebooted - SUCCESS! But, no sound, wifi, bluetooth or correct keyboard layout.
Dowloaded most up to date HP ProBook Installer package and executed install
Used Kext Wizard to repair all permissions
Reboot - SUCCESS.

Up and running on 10.10.3, all working including Trim support.

Wasn't that hard going to 10.10.2, ope that doesn't happen again.

D54250WYK NUC updated to 10.10.3 without any issue at all. Seamless update via App Store.

Using Clover 2953.

Cheers!

GB H87 D3H - ALC892, Yosemite 10.10.3. I had no sound after sleep with the latest Multibeast 7.2.0 & 10.10.3. I was using System Definitions iMac 14,2 and I also had problem with poping sound after a period of inactivity, if I play a sound just in the beginning, loud, annoying, nasty. I didn't have "no sound after sleep" problem with the old version of the Yosemite, but I do have the problem with the "popping" sound.

I solved the "poping" problem after going back to MacPro 3.1 System Definition and now, I don't have any poping sounds, so far. I solved the "no sound after sleep", installing the ALC 892 audio, from the Multibeast from 6.1.0.

Thanks tony86 for the help :thumbup: !

Good news, everyone!

CPU: i7-2600K
mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 F10
GPU: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6870

Updated from 10.10.2 via OSXUpdCombo10.10.3.dmg

Broke audio as expected, reinstated 10.10.2 AppleHDA.kext (889 for me) with KextBeast and repaired permissions with Disk Utility, now everything is good as gold.

I know graphics issues were primarily an NVIDIA issue with this one, but for the record, my system worked well before and after with GE=No.

Oh, and no problems with LAN as a few have reported.

Would this work on my ADATA SX900 256GB SSD on My Gigabyte Z97x-Gaming 3 motherboard?

Anyone this is nice because i am planning to install this on my other drive :)

TonyMac You a Life Saver hope this will help me more in life because soon i am going to recording and it will be nice if i can do stuff like this so i can edit hope

Also Does the New 10.10.3 update for Yosemite Work with the R9 280x with chimera ?

For those with nvidia graphics and black screen (no signal) problem.

Boot with nv_disable=1 argument from bootloader main screen

You will boot on desktop without graphics acceleration.

Install AppleGraphicsControl.kext attached with Kext helper (attached), Kext beast or your favorite tool to install kexts.
Repair permissions with Disk Utility

Reboot and enjoy :)

View attachment 133431
View attachment 133430

awesome! thank you so much!

Something is wrong with macpro6.1. Change to macpro5.1 or different one

With My config I had to change to any mac profile which is not macpro 6.1 , with it I was getting black screen. By the way changes did not affect performance at all .

So step was
1) Boot with nvd_disable=1
2) Changing profile with multibeast
3) Reboot

Iphoto has stopped working

Everything is working for me.

I had to reinstall alc898 +apple hda's and nvidia drivers (web driver and cuda) of course but EVERYTHING is fine, trim too.
I used MultiBeast 7.2 for audio and trim but it didn't work for trim so I used tony's code, reinstalled and now it's perfect. Photos is working like magic.

tony's code for trim fix from post #55:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

[/FONT][/COLOR] Screen Shot 2015-04-14 at 13.13.05.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back