Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone already say if it really fixes wifi issues?
I have wifi drops with my tp-link wdn4800 wifi card.

Thx, carlos

Carlos,

I can definitively say that 10.10.3 does NOT fix the WiFi drop issues. :cry: I have the same TP-Link card as you do. In addition to that the random freeze issue is back as is strange Dock misbehavior, neither of which I had experienced since moving from Mavericks. 10.10.3 is not ready for prime time.

Tom

No problems, just a painless update. A little scary is that after you have started the update and have run multibeast, the update logs off and updates the system in a closed separate screen in which you can do nothing.

Last edited:
the freezing sounds like it could be an SMBios issue. going thru this thread alot of people needed to change it.

I turned of P and C states in the bootloader and that made my system stable again. I have no idea of if this issue is worth pursuing any further, do the p and c states have a critical importance to most systems?

Painless update for me. Running Chimera. I ran the Recovery Update first and then 10.10.3 Update. Both via the App Store. Only thing I had to do was fix the audio afterwards.

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source:
www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd

Will this work on a MacBook Pro with a samsung SSD? Has anyone tried it?

Update was a breeze. Just had to reinstall audio via MB. Trim no longer works even when using trim enabler. The main issue is that FCPX third party plugins have no x and y orientation support. This is super strange that everything else would be working but only one piece of FCPX would not be. Anyone else having any issues with third party plugins in the new FCPX 10.2. This is not good as I don't even know where to begin. to fix this.

I had to swap out an Asus EAH6850 video card and I replaced it with a new PNY GTX750. I was getting system freeze with the 6850 after the update. It's an odd version of that card with EPU/overclock control in Windows, so it was running as 6xxx with generic framebuffer anyway.

I'm having random freezes, for the most part everything worked fine, trim, audio etc.. I use clover but never updated clover in ages since I install.

Here is some of my system info

----- Overview
Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 4 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Bus Speed: 400 MHz

---- Graphics R9 290x with Dual monitors, intel onboard is enabled on bios to get both monitors to work

Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 8xxx
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: PCI Slot 0
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 4096 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x67b0
Revision ID: 0x0000
Displays:

--- SSD
Capacity: 500.11 GB (500,107,862,016 bytes)
Model: Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB
Revision: EXT0BB6Q
Native Command Queuing: Yes
Queue Depth: 32
Removable Media: No
Detachable Drive: No
BSD Name: disk1
Medium Type: Solid State
TRIM Support: Yes
Partition Map Type: MBR (Master Boot Record)
S.M.A.R.T. status: Verified

--- Network
Kext name: AppleIntelE1000e.kext
Version: 3.1.0

^^^ btw is this the latest, I have noticed that I get random nic card disconnects when copying files to a file server or downloading, something seems to cause this to stop working but only with a lot of net/file/access

so the issues I'm seeing are the following

Computer sleep is set to never
Monitors where set to 15 min, but when I came back and woke the monitors I got a black screen with beachball

Other things
Just random freezes, not like 2-5 min after reboot just random.. this is my biggest issue..

My audio works, trim (did i need to update it anyhow to the latest patch) ?

thoughts?

About your NIC issue, don't use the new drivers, they are buggy. I had the same issue, please install AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14 and then your network is rock solid.

All up & running

All up & Running now:thumbup:
Updated through app store.
-Nvidia GTX960 booted with black screen; used nv_diable=1, then the kext from post #212
-Restored audio drivers with Multibeast
-TRIM was disabled...I completely messed up the terminal fix that worked for others (see post 248) and actually had to restore a 10.10.2 image that I made before the update, so I was nervous to try again. I ended up using Chameleon SSD Optimizer to enable TRIM this time, and had no problems.

If anyone's having issues with TRIM, or is just nervous about the other fixes here, just download SSD Optimizer and you'll have no problems:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back