Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
dddirtman is your X58 system booting Yosemite 10.10.3 with Chimera, Chameleon or Clover?

Good modding,
neil

Successfully upgraded from 10.10.3 using app store update today.

Running an asrock z79e-itx/ac
i7 4770k
EVGA 780ti

dual boot this and win 8.1 using Chimera.

After the update, had to use intel hd gfx again and reinstall Nvidia web drivers. Audio also disappeared and strangely AppleHDA.kext became unusable. Replaced this with kext extracted from the combo update and it was fine again. A

Also had to re-edit the I801family kext to get broadcom wifi to work.

Typing this message from osX now and all running smoothly :) Awesome forum guys been using this for a long time. Thanks a lot

(Followed this great guide to polish install first time around for anyone with the z97 board)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...rock-z97e-itx-stuck-white-apple-screen-2.html

Just did update via app store.

All is working as before so far.
Clover install on GA-Z87X-UD3H.

Using VoodooHDA for sound. No adjustment/reinstalls needed.
iMessage, Facetime, also working properly.

Got Audio working again had to reinstall AppleHDA kext (kept a copy on a thumb drive I have with different tools and fixes for emergency purposes - saved me many-a-time from having to reinstall although I cloned my disk).

Did you have on-the-fly kext patch enabled?

New user in Hackintosh and i did the update compo update! It broke my Audio and i checked the trim:banghead:. After the reboot i cant boot to my hackintosh. I tried -f and -x but the same result... Any ideas?

I just wanted to let everyone doing the update know that if you have ManyCam installed, UN-install it first.

I always give Apple's updates a few days on my real mac, and this one crashed on the first install reboot. First time I've seen that in a loooong time on a genuine mac.

The kernel panic is from the ManyCam kext in S/L/E

I booted into safe mode, removed the extension, and restarted. I was left with a grey boot screen and the slash circle.

Googling the issue brings up many developer posts about ManyCam issues with the beta of 10.10.3 and ManyCam hasn't addressed it.

I had to boot into recovery mode and re-download OS X from Apple to get it back up and running.

Just an FYI.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 8.40.40 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 8.40.40 PM.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 187
Fixed quite a few issues for me... Don't know if the the following behaviour persists....

Using Finder Search... finder would frequently crash or hang when viewing search results... very randomly.

You can rebuild finder's index by opening System Preferences > Spotlight, then under Privacy, drag and drop your indexed drives, then close the spotlight prefs.... open them again, remove the drives you just added, and finder will start the new index of the drive(s).

Viola.

Bit of advice here... Lose ManyCan as fast as you possinly can and either grab Wirecast or BoinxTV...

I contacted the developer a few months ago about purchasing a licence for the Mac version and they advised me NOT to buy the Mac version, it was buggy and they don't support it,,,, a shame really becauseit looks like it has potential for the low asking price.

As for my finder crash issues..it has nothing to do with indexing... it is a bug... but thanks for the suggestion all the same

Here's what I had to do to get it going.
I got the WSOD after update from the App store.
1) Boot to backup image.
2) Run Multibeast
3) Delete System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext on target machine
4) Drag and drop System/Library/Extensions/AppleACPIPlatform.kext from backup(working) to target(not working)
5) Repair permissions on target
6) boot with -f

GA-X58 ATI 5770:GA-X58A-UD3R - i7 960 - Radeon HD 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back