Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have asus Z97 pro I74790k and i just did update to 10.10.3 ... I can't boot unless i use USB to boot... Any idea ? Thank you... Should i run multibeast 7.2? I did Download it...

Worked for me but I had to completely reinstall Multibeast tools and not just my audio drivers.

I'm running an ASRock Z97M Pro4 Micro ATX with an i5 and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 760.

Radeon HD 7750 XFX after the update.
View attachment 133432

When i try switching to the old AMDRadeonX4000.kext, i can boot but without acceleration.

Hey JayBios2, have you tried this : http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...update-black-screen-cursor-2.html#post1018020 ?

this seems to have solved the issue for all those who had a black screen with amd radeon 77xx gpu
don't put the old kext back, just update the values in the new one, and repair kext cache with kext wizard, and you're good to go

The NVIDIA driver needs to be updated, boot with nv_disable=1 and then go to System Preferences and update, should work fine afterwards...

No problems here. The update pretty much went by the book.

This -

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source:
www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd

- worked for me. Thanks!

For me on x99 + 5960x my system freez after 1minute when i'm on the desktop...

Bit of advice here... Lose ManyCan as fast as you possinly can and either grab Wirecast or BoinxTV...

I don't use it. It was a free cam splitter that lets you use other sources as a video feed instead of your camera. I downloaded it many years ago, didn't even remember it was still installed until it KP'd on this update.

It just shows how sh**ty Apple is becoming, that a random extension like that will crash their newest update on a real mac instead of the OS sandboxing or disabling it.

Absolutly nothing to do on my i5 rigs. I haven't upgraded the one with Xeon CPU since I need to swap the GTX 960 with an OSX compatible card so I can update the NVIDIA web driver. Using Clover an all with Trim and audio on the fly patching.

The NVIDIA driver needs to be updated, boot with nv_disable=1 and then go to System Preferences and update, should work fine afterwards...

but i use a nvidea quadro 2000 , it have worked automatic in 10.10.1. what now ?

Updated via App Store update. Without any problem. Clover , audio and TRIM auto patch via Clover. Works without problems. Updated Nvidia Web drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back