Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey Guys,

I am new to Hackintosh(ing). I am using Clover r3193. I updated OS X 10.10.2 using App Store to 10.10.3. After the 1st restart the screen blacks out (after the apple logo).

To get passed that, I used
Code:
nv_disable=1
. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

Here is what I have in my graphics section (EFI/CLOVER/config.plist):
Code:
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Everything was perfectly fine @10.10.2 with these settings. I was using native drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

You need to modify an info.plist file in AppleGraphicsControl.kext found in System/Library/Extensions. But see this post, they linked the modified kext. You just have to download and install using KextBeast.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/161314-os-x-10-10-3-update-22.html#post1018706

No issues by updating via the App Store. Rebooted & Nvidia notified OS X of the new driver, installed and everything is working.

I have the new Photo icon in my Dock, more nervous about clicking that as I'm an Aperture user.

HI guys.

I seem to have run into a constant freeze problem. I think my issue started with that after I ran the update, instead of just using multibeast to reapply the audio driver, I ran a presaved multibeast profile that installed a lot of changes. Now my machine freezes after running for a short while (2-5 min). I have a clover backup, what is the best way to return back to 10.10.2 via clover?

Would it not be best to return to previous stable version and redo the update and this time only apply audio driver? Or is there a fix for my issue.

Running Asus z97x Deluxe and i7 4790 cpu.

I updated via app store from 10.10.2 and the only 2 thing i needed to fix was reload RTC kext (for cmos clearing) no idea why the chameleon flag for it stopped working and my HD 7770 was borked i had to ssh to do the sleep trick (sudo pmset sleepnow).
but alas there is a real fix found in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...update-black-screen-cursor-2.html#post1018020
just edit a plist and your good to go...

HI guys.

I seem to have run into a constant freeze problem. I think my issue started with that after I ran the update, instead of just using multibeast to reapply the audio driver, I ran a presaved multibeast profile that installed a lot of changes. Now my machine freezes after running for a short while (2-5 min). I have a clover backup, what is the best way to return back to 10.10.2 via clover?

Would it not be best to return to previous stable version and redo the update and this time only apply audio driver? Or is there a fix for my issue.

Running Asus z97x Deluxe and i7 4790 cpu.

the freezing sounds like it could be an SMBios issue. going thru this thread alot of people needed to change it.

Update with success with combo update:

Board: GA Z97X-UD3H
CPU: i7 4790k
Graphics: HD4600 connected with HDMI to the monitor set as primary in bios and GeForce 210 connected to secondary monitor with DVI
Trim: Ok with Clover Patch
Bootloader: Clover
Audio: Reinstalled with MultiBeast 7.2 ALC1150
Ethernet: No problem after update

Updated from 10.10.2 using the Combo version and had no issues. I am using Clover and did not have to re-install TRIM or AppleHDA.

Asus P8Z77-V LE Plus with Chameleon.

- re-patched audio with MB
- re-patched SMC with MB
- loaded NullCPU with MB to boot, but then removed the NullCPU kext and replaced the AppleIntelPower kext with version from pre-update install. (without this the CPU only runs at stock speedstep)
- Must also use MacMini 5,1 smbios otherwise speedstep returns to stock rate and it may freeze up.

One thing I noticed after update is that changing smbios definitions can cause your system to become much more unstable than before.

Successfully updated to 10.10.3 using MAS, on my i3 GA B85-D3H, although still can't get my AMD R9 280 to work so running off on-board GFX :D

Screen Shot 2015-04-11 at 15.58.24.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back