Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover install on MSI Z97 Gaming 7 w/ GTX 760. Updated using AppStore/Software update. Only need to redo the Audio fix from toleda. Everything worked fine.

Rebooted to a blank screen after update, hit reset button, everything works fine since.

Updated from App Store and everything is working fine after one day. Steps I did:

1- Repaired permissions using disk utility
2- Changed back to native OS X drivers in the Nvidia control app
3- Updated to 10.10.3 via App store.
4- Rebooted fine.
5- Ran multibeast to restore audio, and trim (but trim was not enabled).
6- Used the trim restore method documented here (sudo commands in a shell).
7- Rebooted, and trim was enabled for the samsung SSD.
8- Nvidia pop up window saying there is a new driver available, accepted, but still run on the native drivers.
9- Ran multibeast to change to iMac 14,2. I posted on the 10.10.2 that I had freezes frequently and moving back to the suggested default fixed the issues.

So not much change then except for that photo thing. Not worth the potential hassle really for me.

I was of that opinion for a while stuck to mavericks first update for 8 months.

Then I realised that I could install OS X on to a large enough 32gb usb stick.

Now I test through each update and get it all working sweetly before a update go's anywhere
near my main drives.

This update has sorted out way more issues then just the photo thing which I might add is really very good!

It is is always worth putting up with some relative hassle if something improves your comprehension of a process I find particularly where a hackingtosh is concerned.

If it were not for people putting themselves through hassle there would be zero hack community to speak of and no multi/unibeast clover/chameleon to boot from...

Update with combo update went well under clover. No issue with AppleHDA either.

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

I guess I'm a nervous noob here, but would someone be willing to post a step-by-step guide to this TRIM fix? In the source it mentions 4 commands, and I just don't want to mess anything up.

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
I guess I'm a nervous noob here, but would someone be willing to post a step-by-step guide to this TRIM fix? In the source it mentions 4 commands, and I just don't want to mess anything up.
Open the Terminal, copy/paste one command at a time and hit return for each one. Then, reboot. Upon reaching the Desktop, click on About This Mac (Apple symbol in upper left corner of the menu bar). Click on System Info and then click on SATA. Look to see if TRIM is enabled.

Open the Terminal, copy/paste one command at a time and hit return for each one. Then, reboot. Upon reaching the Desktop, click on About This Mac (Apple symbol in upper left corner of the menu bar). Click on System Info and then click on SATA. Look to see if TRIM is enabled.

So, do I need to worry about this?: Add "kext-dev-mode=1" as Kernel Arguments or the computer won't boot

Well, I did exactly this, and now my system is completely dead. It boots right into a black screen with "kernel overflows available space This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!"

Any help?

hey Guys,

I am new to Hackintosh(ing). I am using Clover r3193. I updated OS X 10.10.2 using App Store to 10.10.3. After the 1st restart the screen blacks out (after the apple logo).

To get passed that, I used
Code:
nv_disable=1
. I am not sure how to proceed from here.

Here is what I have in my graphics section (EFI/CLOVER/config.plist):
Code:
	<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<false/>
		</dict>
	</dict>

Everything was perfectly fine @10.10.2 with these settings. I was using native drivers.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back