Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, do I need to worry about this?: Add "kext-dev-mode=1" as Kernel Arguments or the computer won't boot
If you used MultiBeast for Yosemite, it's in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. If you used Clover, I can't help you there. Try booting with the "-v kext-dev-mode=1" flags.

10.10.3 Works fine on Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 [Downloaded direct via Appstore]
-Repair permissions first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo diskutil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Update will auto install and Reboot PC
-install audio kext ALC889 DSDT FREE
-Re Enable TRIM on SSD using Multibeast
-RE- Repair permissions again first either using “kext utility tool” or type following command in terminal “sudo diskutil repairPermissions /“ without quotes
-Reboot and your done

If you used MultiBeast for Yosemite, it's in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file. If you used Clover, I can't help you there. Try booting with the "-v kext-dev-mode=1" flags.

No luck:(
I've just restored from a 10.10.2 backup. I'll try updating to 10.10.3 once Multibeast has an update for the TRIM.

Thanks anyway!

Updated from Combo Update from 10.10.2

Clover 3185, with audio fixes via toleda method - DSST, edits using http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...ver-efi-booting-integrated-graphics-only.html
Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H
ASUS GTX660
OWC Extreme Pro 6G SSD
i7 4770kk Haswell
iMac 14,2

Steps I did:
1- Repaired permissions using disk utility
2- Changed back to native OS X drivers in the Nvidia control app
3- Cloned to backup partition using CCC
4- Updated to 10.10.3 via Combo Updater.
5- Rebooted ok.
6- Didn’t enable trim as using OWC SSD
7- Nvidia pop up window saying there is a new driver available, accepted, installed, reboot ok into Nvidia driver, updated CUDA.
All is well...

I was working fine but without audio, then after reinstall audio with MultiBeast I can't access to Yosemite anymore, I can access only in Safe Mode. Any suggestions ?

OK I can access with -f and still haven´t audio. What do you think?

Updated to 10.10.3 on Asus Q500A Clover, after restart Apple logo begins loading but stops in the middle and restarts, could continue update in safe mode, but cannot boot normally, how can I fix this? Help?

For those with nvidia graphics and black screen (no signal) problem.

Boot with nv_disable=1 argument from bootloader main screen

You will boot on desktop without graphics acceleration.

Install AppleGraphicsControl.kext attached with Kext helper (attached), Kext beast or your favorite tool to install kexts.
Repair permissions with Disk Utility

Reboot and enjoy :)

View attachment 133431
View attachment 133430

Thanks! That fixed the blank screen for Mac Pro 6,1

GA-Z77X-UD5H w/ GTX 760

Updated via app store. Had to restore audio with MB 7.2.

Got the “errors..pausing 5 seconds” bit after the update. Fixed with:

Start the Terminal application, and copy and paste the following:
Code:
sudo systemsetup -setkernelbootarchitecture x86_64
Press enter
Enter your admin password, press enter
Close the terminal window.
Open Disk Utility application
Select your startup disk
Click Repair Permissions
Reboot.

No trim. Restored successfully with:

Just tried the following for TRIM and worked:

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x00\x41\x50\x50\x4c\x45\x20\x53\x53\x44\x00|\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00|' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Source:
www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298507-enable-trim-on-non-apple-ssd

Thanks all!

I updated today but having some weird issues, when coming out of monitor going to sleep it stays black and beach balls...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back