Contribute
Register

OS X 10.10.3 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated per Stork's guidelines. Downloaded Combo Update and Multibeast 7.3. Had to reinstall audio and new Trim Patch. Everything worked swimmingly well. Sleep improved - a couple of weeks ago, the hackintosh stopped sleeping automatically - that is now fixed.

Here's the step by step way to update for those who aren't using the nVidia Maxwell graphics cards:
:ch: Repair Permissions using the Disk Utility on the drive to be updated;*
:ch: Backup your current installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
:ch: Download the latest MultiBeast for Yosemite;
:ch: Download the Software Update or the Combo Update and run it to update to 10.10.3;
:ch: Re-boot;
:ch: Run MultiBeast for Yosemite and just select your audio driver to install and, optionally, the 10.10.x TRIM patch;
:ch: Re-boot; and
:ch: Repair Permissions again.*
...​

Worked perfect on my build. Just had to repair Audio. Thanks for the step-by-step! :)

p.s. USB 3.0 ports not working. Any suggestions?

Worked perfect on my build. Just had to repair Audio. Thanks for the step-by-step! :)

p.s. USB 3.0 ports not working. Any suggestions?

It doesn't work with my GA-Z77M-D3H. It also needs NullCPUPowerManagement installed, and that's on a new install. I can't get it to work as an update to 10.10.2.

Screen Shot 2015-05-02 at 12.59.44 AM.png
Has any one had any issues with this update?

Also black screen here on my Clover setup. When i changed my SMbios from MacPro6.1 to MacPro5,1 its working. I really dunno why?

I was having the same issue and this fixed it for me. I wish I tried it sooner, I was facing an issue where the web driver would not recognise my hardware and refused to install, so I removed the function from within the package that checks your hardware, then leading me to the black screen!

Just upgraded my GA-Z77-DS3H / i5-3570K from 10.9.5 to 10.10.3. Did an "in place" upgrade over Mav and applied MultiBeast 7.3. Went well overall, but I did have to use MB 6.5 to get the Realtek ALC887b audio driver installed as the MB 7.3 version did not work. I'm using MacMini 6,1 system definitions.

Although the audio required a little bit of lassoing, each OS upgrade seems to be easier with less hand work required.

Thanks!

Hey,

i installed 10.10.3 have a Nvidia card ans Macpro 6.1

I restarted after update with -v and nv_disable=1

but I stuck on Login Screen. I give the password and he Stuck with the Beachball ..

any ideas ???

Macpro 3,1 causes kernal panic ...

Hey bud, the same thing is happening to me! Did you get passed that issue?

Funny things is it's obvious that he is using the Settings -> General -> Use Dark Menu Bar and Dock

Funny because the stock icon is black duu you can't see it ._.

Fix click the blank space (Guys No Taylor Swift Here:think:) until a HWMonitor Shows Up On the Top Right Click the Nice Shiny Settings button then you go to MenuBar then see and look at the HW Monitor Icon or Thermometer (Because it has color) and drag it over to menubar items

Guys This might not work but it works for me so but if it doesn't turn off the dark bar thingy

Thanks, it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back