Contribute
Register

Optiplex 790 cant get to Installation.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geesh benjaminp

A couple of SSD just kickin around ... must be a rich Republican here .. toss some crumbs (SSD's) my way .... :lol:

You know they are so small that they are most likely more in the back part of the center desk draw at work ... that's where I used to look for any excess stuff we had ... ram sticks laptop drives ... old video cards.... they just work themselves to the back of the drawer.

Dunno about rich....or the republican bit for that matter.. I'm in Germany.... remember I was looking for the cheap solution to W7...lol

They were some tester units my old office got that my boss at the time couldn't decide on who would be able to use them... To be honest he couldn't tell a SSD from a Ram stick.... he decided no one and seeing I was the IT guy.... BAM :) I already have one in my MBP (my main PC atm) so they sat in a drawer. I did however put 1 in my PS3.... I guess I will pull it out and use them as the OS drives as you suggested....

Dunno about rich....or the republican bit for that matter.. I'm in Germany.... remember I was looking for the cheap solution to W7...lol

They were some tester units my old office got that my boss at the time couldn't decide on who would be able to use them... To be honest he couldn't tell a SSD from a Ram stick.... he decided no one and seeing I was the IT guy.... BAM :) I already have one in my MBP (my main PC atm) so they sat in a drawer. I did however put 1 in my PS3.... I guess I will pull it out and use them as the OS drives as you suggested....

benjaminp

Stop the presses - what a SSD in a PS3 ... never thought of that - have done bigger laptop Drives for all the crap I placed on it (converted movies about 500) but heck for downloaded games.... a SSD would be killer - Bang load up ... with a SSD no more wait times..

Dam now I gotta try this ....

Ok so you no republican but then your a Green Party Member then....:?: (maybe)

And no I am not a typical American I don't have a SUV - I have a VW Diesel Passat ! w more than 387,000 km ( yes I know metric too ) before that I had a VW Golf Diesel w over 193,000 km. "I Luv the smell of Diesel in the morning" Yes it is modded from Apocalypse Now!

And yes I have had Bosses who have no "being' Be in the management positions they had - never figured it out how the heck they got there....
Worked for WANG computers 10 years - and they always hired es IBM'ers - instead of other more qualified individuals - I always asked why they are all ex- IBM'ers - well see where Wang and IBM are now ... like Dinosaurs - gone - as they To used to ruled the planet ( Data Processing and Word Processing )

Well I am off topic again - wheres my meds.....

benjaminp

Stop the presses - what a SSD in a PS3 ... never thought of that - have done bigger laptop Drives for all the crap I placed on it (converted movies about 500) but heck for downloaded games.... a SSD would be killer - Bang load up ... with a SSD no more wait times..

I guess it does save seconds, but to be honest if I wasn't given them I wouldn't have thought to do it either! I guess its the type of thing you wot really notice unless you see it side by side. And to add I don't use my PS so often enough to justufy the 100-150euro outlay... but others definetly may!

Ok so you no republican but then your a Green Party Member then....:?: (maybe)

I don't really have a political preference.... I guess it because there isn't one thats not full of BS :)

And yes I have had Bosses who have no "being' Be in the management positions they had - never figured it out how the heck they got there....
Worked for WANG computers 10 years - and they always hired es IBM'ers - instead of other more qualified individuals - I always asked why they are all ex- IBM'ers - well see where Wang and IBM are now ... like Dinosaurs - gone - as they To used to ruled the planet ( Data Processing and Word Processing )

Yeah....what is it with that! But I wont argue with it! Im my case I got four SSD's and a 6 Bay NAS unit out of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back