Contribute
Register

Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there a chance of getting patched audio for mountain lion?

is there a chance of getting patched audio for mountain lion?
What are you interested in vis a vis the current patched 10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext. Actually had some success today. Can't say how much longer it's going to take.

Given a codec device_id, the MSI board codec is the same as a Gigabyte board codec. Feel free to make a codec dump for your motherboard. Your hypothesis suggests a pin configuration problem. There are numerous guides to extract the pinconfigs in Windows. You can use that to compare with the pinconfigs in AppleHDA.kext to find the differences. It is clear there something different in the audio design of MSI motherboards. Perhaps you can find it.

Been busy and I am ready to start editing this again. You sent me this:

Attached is a text file with the MSI pinconfigs you attached with the 892 edited ApplehDA pinconfigs (Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update). Each line is an audio device and is decried by for parameters (C, D, E, & F). Suggest an experiment with the Internal Speakers, green rear port (014 in MSI and 214 in HDA). There is an obvious difference in the D parameter (D44 in MSI and d40 in HDA). Edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist/IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resources/HDAConfigDefault/Item 10/Config Data from 21471d40 to 21471d44. Save Info.plist, install and restart. Try any other experiment you like. Reply with Internal Speaker audio results.

I was confused with this part:

Edit AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/Info.plist/IOKitPersonalities/HDA Hardware Config Resources/HDAConfigDefault/Item 10/Config Data

21471d40 is now were to be found in this Plist. What does the section of code look like or am I supposed to open it up using Hex edit. Thanks.

Thanks toleda
I was using the first version of the patched HDA for the ALC889, current version works great in 10.8. :)

21471d40 is now were to be found in this Plist. What does the section of code look like or am I supposed to open it up using Hex edit. Thanks.
You can use Property List Editor, Xcode, PlistEditPro or TextEdit to look at .plist. This what you should see. 21471d40 is second in ConfigData. Edit that to 21471d44.
Screen Shot 2012-08-06 at 9.43.23 AM.png

You can use Property List Editor, Xcode, PlistEditPro or TextEdit to look at .plist. This what you should see. 21471d40 is second in ConfigData. Edit that to 21471d44.

Once I installed Xcode I was able to change the value. I tried a few values but still no sound. Would you recommend starting at 21471d00 and going up to 21471d99 until sound comes out? Also IOreg show nothing playing through the outputs.

Once I installed Xcode I was able to change the value. I tried a few values but still no sound. Would you recommend starting at 21471d00 and going up to 21471d99 until sound comes out? Also IOreg show nothing playing through the outputs.
No. d40 means the jack color is green (4) and jack detect (0) is no; 4 is not defined in OS X. What do you mean by "IOreg show nothing playing through the outputs"?

No. d40 means the jack color is green (4) and jack detect (0) is no; 4 is not defined in OS X. What do you mean by "IOreg show nothing playing through the outputs"?

When I say IOreg show nothing playing through the outputs I have noticed when using HDMI it shows up that it is working.

I will try 0 trough F and see what happens... Since you said 4 is not defined by OS X how can I/we define it?

When I say IOreg show nothing playing through the outputs I have noticed when using HDMI it shows up that it is working.

I will try 0 trough F and see what happens... Since you said 4 is not defined by OS X how can I/we define it?
If IOReg didn't show any outputs, the experiment was a failure. As I said, 4 is not defined and may have caused the failure. OS X uses 0 (jack) and 1 (internal).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back