Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I created the Multi-Output Device.

In plex, the following works:

Note: Works regardless of "Boost volume level on Downmix"
That option works though, I'm guessing it's downmixing it to 2.1
since the source is DTS 5.1.

If I set it to 5.1, it still works and it doesn't Boost Volume.
So does that mean the 5.1 is not being Downmixed?
I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

Seems to be working.

Screenshot 2012-08-29 at 04.38.50.jpg

In Plex, this does not work:

Screenshot 2012-08-29 at 04.39.36.jpg

Note: I'm using the kext that you uploaded into the zip, not the multibeast one.
Unless their suppose to be the same? lol, I have no idea.
Ok so i have found a solution which i hopefully will get you going

.open the Audio midi app

.in the window on the bottom click the + symbol and add a multi-output device

.in the box on the left check off only Built in digital output and close audio midi setup

.in plex use digital audio setup with Multi-Output Device

Success... Hopefully . working on my rig

yes it works with the 2.1 mix i dont think the volume boost is for digital audio i could be wrong though... there should be some kind of indicator on your audio device that you are getting dd/dts. Let me know

yes it works with the 2.1 mix i dont think the volume boost is for digital audio i could be wrong though... there should be some kind of indicator on your audio device that you are getting dd/dts. Let me know

Cool, 2.1 works well, and 5.1 is spotty, having to relaunch plex sometimes so it works. Weirdness.

I use a soundbar that has built in decoder for dts/dd but unforunately they left out any indicator that it's dts/dd. I just go by ear because the sound is different. It's either muffles/stuffy or distinct and clear and some seperation of sound is present. Analog is the first, digital the second. I plan on getting a receiver or something later on but that's more like january. I have also been trying to use the apps built in indicators for digital sound. Like in Movist, the audio panel turns yellow if it's analog. MplayerX works because when I send the digital sound to regular stereo speakers, it just makes a bunch of noise, and then reroute it to the sound bar it sounds clear and distinct and clear. I know it might sound weird but that's all I've got for now. lol. Glad mplayerx is working so well though at least. I hope the other software apps catch up.

Hi guys! Does anyone have any news about GA-Z77X-UD5H and green audio port problem? Have gigabyte solved this or not? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back