Contribute
Register

Optimized Realtek Lion 10.7.4 AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a way to verify DD on your soundbar (i.e., Mac, DVD/Blu Ray player, etc.) or another receiver to verify Plex DD?

I don't have another receiver.

I have tried ps3 and xbox 360 connected to the sound bar via optical out and they both show DD being outputed to the sounbar when I display the menu through the console on screen. It shows dolby digital or dts, 5.1 and gives bitrates.

Oh and the ps3 reads the plex media server and I set the plex dlna profile to stream ac3 audio without transcoding and the soundbar plays it just fine.

I don't have another receiver.

I have tried ps3 and xbox 360 connected to the sound bar via optical out and they both show DD being outputed to the sounbar when I display the menu through the console on screen. It shows dolby digital or dts, 5.1 and gives bitrates.

Oh and the ps3 reads the plex media server and I set the plex dlna profile to stream ac3 audio without transcoding and the soundbar plays it just fine.
This solution doesn't work for you. I'd be interested if you find something that does work.

This solution doesn't work for you. I'd be interested if you find something that does work.

yea I'll keep searching.

Thanks for helping me out and everything. At least we tried to find something out.

Just curious and trying to eliminate some possibilities but what is your bios audio setting?

Just curious and trying to eliminate some possibilities but what is your bios audio setting?

It has two options Auto or disabled. It's set to Auto.

If I set it to disabled, it just turns the audio off completely.

It has two options Auto or disabled. It's set to Auto.

If I set it to disabled, it just turns the audio off completely.

Here try this ..It works for me..... repair permissions after install.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 196
Here try this ..It works for me..... repair permissions after install.

Progress!!

Now Plex says "failed to initialize device, check your audiosettings"

Is an error message better than no error message? lol.

I have bad news for you.....

neither plex nor xbmc seem to have digital audio working on the applehda i sent you. I have 3 other apps that work fie with digital audio vlc, mplayerx and eyetv. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with those apps and ML. I am looking into it on both forums and will get back to you

neither plex nor xbmc seem to have digital audio working on the applehda i sent you. I have 3 other apps that work fie with digital audio vlc, mplayerx and eyetv. This leads me to believe that there is an issue with those apps and ML. I am looking into it on both forums and will get back to you

Sounds like progress to me. :D

I took a screenshot of mplayerx below.

If I set it to remix, it works.

If I set it to detect spdif automatically, it does not work.

If I set it to NOT detect spdif automatically, but select pass through for dts, ac3. It DOES work.
Like screenshot below.

Screenshot 2012-08-29 at 01.36.55.jpg

I'm happy to see mplayerx work. It's progress. Thanks for keeping me in the loop.

Ok so i have found a solution which i hopefully will get you going

.open the Audio midi app

.in the window on the bottom click the + symbol and add a multi-output device

.in the box on the left check off only Built in digital output and close audio midi setup

.in plex use digital audio setup with Multi-Output Device

Success... Hopefully . working on my rig

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 3.21.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 3.21.33 AM.png
    150.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 3.30.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-08-29 at 3.30.25 AM.png
    145.1 KB · Views: 200
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back