Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 898 on Lion - New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very lucky. You aren't the first person I've seen on this board that has a working board. Some others have reported success.

toleda, do you suppose this green port problem with the UD5H could be fixed with a BIOS update?
No. Gigabyte provided two modified BIOS and neither worked. To my knowledge, there is not one confirmed instance of green port (front or rear) audio working in OS X or Linux on Rev 1.0. Additional testing has confirmed grey port audio is also impaired on the Z77X-UD5H. After confirming the hardware mod fixes green port audio, Gigabyte has been silent with me when I asked for a legitimate solution to this problem.

No. Gigabyte provided two modified BIOS and neither worked. To my knowledge, there is not one confirmed instance of green port (front or rear) audio working in OS X or Linux on Rev 1.0. Additional testing has confirmed grey port audio is also impaired on the Z77X-UD5H. After confirming the hardware mod fixes green port audio, Gigabyte has been silent with me when I asked for a legitimate solution to this problem.

Look back on the previous page. Someone there states that his green port and headphone port are working. Also one of the golden builds says his green port is working.

So I just finished my ML install on a GA-Z77X-UD5H and, amazingly, having no issues with the green port / headphone port, they're both working perfectly. I'm using the ALC898 (Without DSDT) kext from Multibeast 5.0.2.
I'm interested in confirming your green port audio. If possible, specify the exact motherboard model and rev., with or without Thunderbolt, screenshots of System Information/Audio and of System Preferences/Sound/Output with green port audio working and headphone audio working, the application your are using for audio and a copy of IOReg saved with audio working. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg. Thanks.

I'd be startled if it turns out to be a 'sneaky fix' without a revision number change.

Aside from anything else, my board was ordered ten days ago from one of France's main computer bits suppliers, and it's a board with a high rating on their site: I imagine their turnover is pretty good.

Cheers

Charlie

Does anyone know if the green audio port not working has been fixed yet on the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H?
It appears the GA-Z77X-UD5H_rev1.1 has green port audio. Most GA-Z77X-UD5H_rev1.0 motherboards do not have green port audio.

It appears the GA-Z77X-UD5H_rev1.1 has green port audio. Most GA-Z77X-UD5H_rev1.0 motherboards do not have green port audio.

Wicked news! Is that also to say that there's no other H/W problems with this board inc the rest of the sound ports?

Also is there a way of telling if the board is the rev 1.1 online?

Wicked news! Is that also to say that there's no other H/W problems with this board inc the rest of the sound ports?

Also is there a way of telling if the board is the rev 1.1 online?
Check all the ud5h threads for any other issues. The rev is noted on the box and the motherboard; ask the retailer/on line shop for the answer. Return the purchase if you receive a rev1.0.

Could someone send me the instruction for the hardware mod? I've tools to solder SMT chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back