Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 898 on Lion - New

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Z77X-UD5H no green port audio problem is not a pin configuration problem. The Gigabyte representative says it is an "amplifier activate" issue, not an audio problem. The proposed hardware fix (linked above) is to “always enable Realtek H/W amplifier”. For the Z77X-UD5H Rev. 1.0, "some boards requires correct driver from Realtek to activate amplifier circuit". In my opinion, it is unlikely Gigabyte will add any more detail to this discussion.

The orange/black/grey solutions simply use different pin/mixer/amp circuits that are working correctly. Perhaps, there is some pathmap magic to work around the problem with the grey port.
Toleda, thanks for your efforts.
Do you know what Gigabyte's position is on this?
Do they acknowledge that there is a hardware problem with this board?
Are they offering repair/replacement for Linux users?

Gigabyte's exact words are in the " " above. No. No.

It's not a "problem", it's a hardware "limitation" due to a lack of Realtek drivers on non Windows platforms...
Oddly enough, it's only an issue on the Z77X-UD5H, as the Z77X-UP5 TH is just fine...

It's not a "problem", it's a hardware "limitation" due to a lack of Realtek drivers on non Windows platforms...
Oddly enough, it's only an issue on the Z77X-UD5H, as the Z77X-UP5 TH is just fine...
The simple explanation is the audio "design" of the Z77X-UD5H ver1.0 is different than the audio "design" of the Z77X-UP5 TH ver1.0.

So I just finished my ML install on a GA-Z77X-UD5H and, amazingly, having no issues with the green port / headphone port, they're both working perfectly. I'm using the ALC898 (Without DSDT) kext from Multibeast 5.0.2.

I just bought this board last week off Amazon, so I'm wondering if Gigabyte has silently started fixing this issue on newer revs of the motherboard (though i didn't see anything on the box / mobo itself to signify that it is anything other than rev 1.0). Using BIOS F14.

The simple explanation is the audio "design" of the Z77X-UD5H ver1.0 is different than the audio "design" of the Z77X-UP5 TH ver1.0.
Hi toleda,
thanks for great job!
I use HDAEnabler898 and AppleHDA from MultiBeast 5.0.2 but bootlog has the following errors:

Sound assertion in AppleHDACodecGeneric at line 350
Sound assertion - Command/Response TIMED OUT and ( kRequestStateMatch == fCodecRequest->state = 2 ), fCodecRequest->command->codec: -549094534656, fCodecRequest->command->verb: 0xFFF, fPoweredDown: 0
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 4909
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 4910
Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 8088

How to fix these errors? Сan you help me? Thanks.

Hi toleda,
thanks for great job!
I use HDAEnabler898 and AppleHDA from MultiBeast 5.0.2 but bootlog has the following errors:

How to fix these errors? Сan you help me? Thanks.
Those are caused by the HDMI audio codecs on your graphics systems. The enabler sees them but the dsdt and AppleHDA.kext are not configured for HDMI audio. The fix is to edit your dsdt and AppleHDA.kext for HDMI audio.

So I just finished my ML install on a GA-Z77X-UD5H and, amazingly, having no issues with the green port / headphone port, they're both working perfectly. I'm using the ALC898 (Without DSDT) kext from Multibeast 5.0.2.

I just bought this board last week off Amazon, so I'm wondering if Gigabyte has silently started fixing this issue on newer revs of the motherboard (though i didn't see anything on the box / mobo itself to signify that it is anything other than rev 1.0). Using BIOS F14.

Yea sadly enough i wont believe it till i see a YouTube video of it working.

I'm going through the support loop with Gigabyte on the GA-Z77X-UD5H green audio jack issue, chiefly so as to lend more weight to the fact that there *is* an issue.

If any of you have Gigabyte support ticket references that I could pass on, or could point me to credible analysis of the problem, that might help.

Does anyone have an archive of the 'soldering fix' image that they could let me have?

Cheers

Charlie

Very lucky. You aren't the first person I've seen on this board that has a working board. Some others have reported success.

toleda, do you suppose this green port problem with the UD5H could be fixed with a BIOS update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back