Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 892 on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
zavidos said:
Do you think a clean install might works? Will I recover all my data with "migration assistant"?
Yes. In MA, start up with different username. MA won't work if the same user name already exists on the new install.

Hello. Sound not working on my GA-P55A-UD3 rev. 2.0 (ALC892)
DSDT
Code:
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x04)
                        {
                            "layout-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }
In Multibeast 4.6.1 i check Drivers & Bootloaders/Kexts & Enablers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/Patched AppleHDA/ALC892 && System Utilities.
After reboot no sound.
All *HDA* & Voodoo I delete.
IORegistry in attach.
Help me please.
Only working on Unified Device Injector – ALC8xxHDA && AppleHDA Rollback, but SPDIF 5.1 not working as 5.1, in Audio-MIDI app show - Stereo.

After update to 10.7.4 work Patched AppleHDA, but i can't check 5.1 in Audio-MIDI app-Configure... Can i play DD/DTS source on VLC and other players's with support DD/DTS?

Attachments

• Butterfly.zip
    387.7 KB · Views: 92
tarastarasov said:
Hello. Sound not working on my GA-P55A-UD3 rev. 2.0 (ALC892)

Only working on Unified Device Injector – ALC8xxHDA && AppleHDA Rollback, but SPDIF 5.1 not working as 5.1, in Audio-MIDI app show - Stereo.

After update to 10.7.4 work Patched AppleHDA, but i can't check 5.1 in Audio-MIDI app-Configure... Can i play DD/DTS source on VLC and other players's with support DD/DTS?
Audio MIDI Setup always says Stereo for Digital Audio/Optical even when OS X is sending DD/DTS. Only way to know is the receiver display. See note 3 in the 1st post of this thread.

Yes. In MA, start up with different username. MA won't work if the same user name already exists on the new install.

No way, fresh install, with unibeast 1.4 and lion 10.7.4, then multi beast 4.6.1 with userDSDT, system utilities, audio-->realtek alc8xx-->patched AppleHDA-->ALC892 and network-->hnak's appleintel...

audio is still cracking when I download something, I tried without DSDT and using hda enabler and patched...also with unified device injector/rollback and enabler... nothing, and under windows 7 this not happens.

I don't know what I can try now

Hi Toleda!
Can you please help me with my Asus P8P67Pro /bios3207/ ALC892 ? /no sound.../
Lion audio does not work with BIOS 3207, documented in many threads. Only solution is to downgrade BIOS.

That being the reality, if you are interested, here is an experiment you can try.

1. Install the attached dsdt.
2. Run MultBeast/System Utilities
3. Verify UseKernelCache=Yes in Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist
4. Restart
5. Reply with a new copy of IOReg.

Attachments

• no_pegp.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 99
audio is still cracking when I download something, I tried without DSDT and using hda enabler and patched...also with unified device injector/rollback and enabler... nothing, and under windows 7 this not happens.
Very unusual. I don't have any other ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back