Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion

tried this with my board Z68XP-UD5 and my rig KPs.. any solution? i deleted 8xxHDA on S/L/E and Extra folder..

timbck2 said:
Just to clarify - I don't need HDMI audio, just the plain Line In / Line Out / Headphone / Microphone 1/8" jacks will be fine with me. I would like both the front and back ports to work though.
The problem with audio is everything has to be right for it to work. That becomes impossible if you try one thing and then try another without removing the previous attempt. If you use a dsdt, you don't need the enabler so you can delete it. If you want MultiBeast audio, you need AppleHDA rollback and the ALC8xxHDA. If you want to try this solution, you have to remove ALC8xxHDA. The rollback is replaced when the new kext is installed. MultiBeast has the front panel head phone jack and the 889 for Lion has both front ports. Follow the instructions for the choice you select.

toleda said:
You are right, I looked at you dsdt. Reply with current dsdt and ioreg.

Hello, here is my dsdt, ioreg and my kernel.log, and as you can see, there is no errors on the log, with others kext I tried, I had some weird messages there. ;)

DSDT + IORegistryExplorer + kernel-log.zip

Attachments

• DSDT + IORegistryExplorer + kernel-log.zip
    507.6 KB · Views: 84

kill_mark said:
tried this with my board Z68XP-UD5 and my rig KPs.. any solution? i deleted 8xxHDA on S/L/E and Extra folder..
Are you saying AppleHDA.kext caused the kp? Is there anything in the log? Other useful information?

jfm75 said:
toleda said:
You are right, I looked at you dsdt. Reply with current dsdt and ioreg.

Hello, here is my dsdt, ioreg and my kernel.log, and as you can see, there is no errors on the log, with others kext I tried, I had some weird messages there. ;)

DSDT + IORegistryExplorer + kernel-log.zip
The dsdt is fine. ioreg shows working 889 on board audio. I do not know what the problem is. I will be posting an updated 889 edited AppleHDA.kext with a new binary patch in a day or so. Try it when it is available.

toleda said:
kill_mark said:
Are you saying AppleHDA.kext caused the kp? Is there anything in the log? Other useful information?

yes it causes KP when i put AppleHDA.kext in SLE then using Kext Utility after. when i restart my system, it crashes and i need to reinstall all over again.. i'll try to produce a copy of the log..

toleda said:
The dsdt is fine. ioreg shows working 889 on board audio. I do not know what the problem is. I will be posting an updated 889 edited AppleHDA.kext with a new binary patch in a day or so. Try it when it is available.

Ok, thanks, I'll wait for the new one. ;)

PD: I have configured my system as a MacPro5,1 but, if I change the profile, do you think it could work?

Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Updated

Works for me. Did not test surround. Just digital coaxial out. (X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back