Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion

Vogon said:
Hi, I'm little confused. I did this by default way, because I needed only front panel working, but... Yes, soud work fine except two issues: front panel is still dead, as was before, and rear line-in input is terribly overgained

Front panel: delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext, if installed. New version with audio input improvements available soon.

toleda said:
Galan-od said:
Altered by its board Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, on the back of the three audio ports (Line-in / Line-out / MIC) + SPDIF out (optical) and two on the front panel audio ports (HP / MIC) Microphone Work , line out, headphone (line-in and SPDIF not tested) detection, headphone and microphone front-run so far failed - to switch only handles
Are you saying your modifications didn't work?
All but the auto-detection works. I brought in front of HP and MIC I brought in front of HP and MIC individually.This is for those who have on-board in zadeh 3 outputs.
Sorry for the bad English.

toleda said:
Vogon said:
Hi, I'm little confused. I did this by default way, because I needed only front panel working, but... Yes, soud work fine except two issues: front panel is still dead, as was before, and rear line-in input is terribly overgained

Front panel: delete S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext, if installed. New version with audio input improvements available soon.

Yes, Toleda, I had the ALC8xxHDA.kext already deleted, but front panel didn't work. Do I miss something? Thanks a lot...

Hi Toleda,

Thanks for your awesome work on this. I'm a little leery to tweak anything as I seem to have finally gotten a solid install working on my SSD. One of my qualms with my system, as you seem to be addressing, is the lack of a front mic-in for the original 889 kexts. Surround is not a great concern as I'm almost always on my headset. Is there any chance the DSDT edits will be added to the DSDT database? Also, once everything is polished up will this be added to multibeast?

Thanks,

mutatio

toleda said:
I'm not experiencing any sleep problems with any of my machines. At this time, I don't have any suggestions. Additional information may be helpful.

Toldea,
I asked last week what additional information I could provide you. I haven't heard back. What information do you need?

mutatio said:
Hi Toleda,

Thanks for your awesome work on this. I'm a little leery to tweak anything as I seem to have finally gotten a solid install working on my SSD. One of my qualms with my system, as you seem to be addressing, is the lack of a front mic-in for the original 889 kexts. Surround is not a great concern as I'm almost always on my headset. Is there any chance the DSDT edits will be added to the DSDT database? Also, once everything is polished up will this be added to multibeast?

Thanks,

mutatio
All dsdts in the database already have the required HDEF dsdt edits. At this point, it appears likely that a version of this kext could be added to MultiBest.

tamorgen said:
toleda said:
I'm not experiencing any sleep problems with any of my machines. At this time, I don't have any suggestions. Additional information may be helpful.

Toldea,
I asked last week what additional information I could provide you. I haven't heard back. What information do you need?
Attach Applications/Utilities/Console/All Messages/File/Save Selection As .. log which captures the problem.

toleda said:
tamorgen said:
toleda said:

Toldea,
Attach Applications/Utilities/Console/All Messages/File/Save Selection As .. log which captures the problem.

Okay, thanks. I'll reinstall the kext and try see if the problem continues, then send you the logs.

Hi Toleda many thanks for your tireless input on these matters!

My board P67 UD5 B3 with Lion 10.7.2 and DSDT from here - has always been a little quirky.

To enable sound - HD889 I've had to use multibeast options -

Realtek ALC8xx
ALC8xxHDA

But without
MacMan's Unified Audio Injector for Realtek ALC889 high-definition audio codec I just don't get any sound..889 shows in system profile but greyed out volume and no sound.
If I use the injector then I have sound.
Once I've got sound I've found I can uninstall the injector kext from S/L/E and still have sound?

I thought I'd try your new kext on my clone drive - but it results in no sound or devices being seen? My dsdt w/HDEF/Layout-id is 0x79 0x03 0x00 0x00 which is correct yes? (IOexplorer)

Do you have any thought on this? It's no real hassle as I have sound but was curious as I'd like to use your kext being a simpler solution for updates etc...

Thanks again..Orlando

ovb1 said:
Hi Toleda many thanks for your tireless input on these matters!

My board P67 UD5 B3 with Lion 10.7.2 and DSDT from here - has always been a little quirky.

To enable sound - HD889 I've had to use multibeast options -

I thought I'd try your new kext on my clone drive - but it results in no sound or devices being seen? My dsdt w/HDEF/Layout-id is 0x79 0x03 0x00 0x00 which is correct yes? (IOexplorer)

Do you have any thought on this? It's no real hassle as I have sound but was curious as I'd like to use your kext being a simpler solution for updates etc...

Thanks again..Orlando
Look very closely for another enabler beside MultiBeast. If you say you can remove the MultiBeast enabler and still get audio, something is hiding in S/L/E. If you downloaded the dsdt from the database, it is fine.

When you try the new kext, delete Realtek ALC8xx and ALC8xxHDA and then install. If you get no devices, reboot. If still no devices, attach a copy of IOReg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back