Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion

Hi Toleda, thanks so much for the kext! I can report that it is successful on my z68xp-ud3p. Furthermore, my front port mic input is working!

One thing I noticed. When I used the old kexts, I would hear crackling/hissing whenever I turned the volume pots on my speakers up or down (I'm talking about the physical volume controls on the speakers themselves, not the software control}. With your kext, that has completely disappeared. I was wondering how that is possible. Does your kext employ some kind of attenuation of those high frequencies? Does it somehow change the voltages at the ports? I'm only asking, because I'm wondering if this affects overall sound quality. It's hard for me to perform a proper A/B comparison of sound quality between the kexts, so I can't tell.

In short, does the benefit of reducing hiss/crackle come at the cost of sound quality or fidelity? Is some sort of noise filtering being applied? Thanks again!

tonymacx86 said:
PhattyMcGee said:
Thank you, but I have no idea what or where to find "5.1 Surround Sound Aggregate Device"?

Under System Preferences/Sound, I still have nothing additional listed...other then my USB Audio device.

Make sure you've installed the proper items- edited DSDT from DB, and the kext. Then...

In order to facilitate analog 5.1 Surround- you must 1st configure your aggregate device manually via Applications/Utilities/Audio Midi Setup

Universal 5.1-channel analogue audio
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

Where do I find this DSDT that I edit? How do I edit it? I've never done this before.

PhattyMcGee said:
Where do I find this DSDT that I edit? How do I edit it? I've never done this before.

If you don't have an edited DSDT, you can install HDAEnabler889 from MultiBeast. It should do the job. ;)

Installed on ga-p67-ud7-b3 front mic does not work and the rear one generates a wired sound even without plugged in mic.

tonymacx86 said:
If you don't have an edited DSDT, you can install HDAEnabler889 from MultiBeast. It should do the job. ;)

Cool, that worked, I now see the Audio options in my Sound controls, however still no sound...do I need to continue through the instructions then?

PhattyMcGee said:
Installation
1. Backup S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
2. Delete ALC8xxHDA, ALC8xx, 8xxHDAEnabler and any other audio enablers from
3. Copy AppleHDA.kext from 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA folder in Downloads to Desktop
4. Run KextBeast

5. Skip
6. Restart
7, Configure 5.1 Surround Sound Aggregate Device (Not available with Audio ID: 389)
a. Applications/Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup
b. viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848
8. Install Line In - http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

toleda said:
korlione2006 said:
MSI X58 Pro-E there is no sound ALC889.
Reply with a copy of your dsdt.

Hello, this is the DSDT I'm using right now.

DSDT.zip

I hope you could find a solution for us. ;)

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    9 KB · Views: 107

I tried this Kext / DSDT patch and it worked on ASUS P8P67 Deluxe - but it's still very noisy.

Maybe I'm not doing it right?
I did the HDEF 379 pin layout patch in my DSDT.
Put the patched AppleHDA.kext in S/L/E

On next boot, I got all my I/O showing up - nice.
Connected my speakers using SPDIF - works, nice.
At low volume or with something playing, the noise isn't very noticeable, but turning up the volume with nothing playing - there is a lot of noise.

Should I have been using Analog out with this?
Regards
Fish

Great job! working perfectly on numeric coax output.

I've one unsolved things : :banghead: how to add more frequency support (i can only choose 44000 48000 and 96000) under Windows more frequency works... I've searched without success. If someone can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back