Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion

MSI X58 Pro-E there is no sound ALC889.

Attachments

• MSI X58 Pro-E.ioreg.zip
    500.7 KB · Views: 104

toleda said:
No guarantee, try each:
1. Shut down the system, pull the power plug, push the power button a couple of times, plug the power plug back in and reboot.
2. Start iTunes with System Preferences/Sound/Output open. Play a song, and while it is playing, select the first Line out. Check System Preferences/Sound/Input to see if Line in is working.

Will try those, but not sound logical to me. :D
Thanks

tonymacx86 said:
Kaneda13 said:
Anyone verify this will work on the 889A? been running with a USB sound card since i upped to Lion because of the difficulties i had getting my sound card to work.

This is for ALC 889 only. For 888b, 888, 889a, use the combination of DSDT, ALC8xxHDA, and AppleHDA Rollback.

Bit of a "slow" question -- will this Kext also work on 10.6.8? Or is that a totally different install etc? I am a partial noob at all this, I have a working Core2Duo install thanks to your prowess, but unfortunately I have been fighting tooth-and-nail with my GA-Z68AP-D3-v2 FB attempting to use the database DSDT on 10.6.8. Although I've read a few comments "update to Lion," at this time I don't want to update to Lion because I was reading around and it seems ProTools 10 won't like it. Although, my ProTools 10 under 10.6.8 doesn't work currently either, install gives me Assertion errors which I have seemed to trace back to the sound not working or not installed properly. Maybe. Assertion errors are finicky either way.

I gave up on sleep [for both me and the machine] at the moment. Realistically, all I want is for Energy Saver to work so my monitors black out after 10 minutes ...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:MSI X58 Pro-E there is no sound ALC889.

Attachments

• MSI X58 Pro-E.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 90

korlione2006 said:
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:MSI X58 Pro-E there is no sound ALC889.

Same here. :cry: :cry:

i Just test the new kext in my Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 - BIOS F8 - ALC889a
and is working after i BinPatch back to \x85\x08\xec\x10
i already test the Green , Orange ,Black and they are working.
So i include the binpatched kext if you want to test for your 889a
i did not change the layaout885.xml and Platforms.xml.
One way to do it is use
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x89\x08\xec\x10|\x85\x08\xec\x10|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
in terminal or use a HEX Editor to replace the hex values.
I change some text in the file /system/Library/Extensions/ApleHDA.kext/Contents/English.lproj/Localizable.strings
to recognize more easy the Green , Orange ,Black

in my GA-H67MA-D2H-B3 ALC889 the toleda's patched Driver working great.

Attachments

• AppleHDA_889a.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 137
  • pic1.png
    pic1.png
    78 KB · Views: 474
  • Pic2.png
    Pic2.png
    50.2 KB · Views: 504
  • Pic3.png
    Pic3.png
    169.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Pic4.png
    Pic4.png
    192.6 KB · Views: 528

thank you very much for this, got rid of the pops i had some times

Good Job

using: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 F6 Motherboard

xD

absolutely fantastic!

I wish everything were as well laid out as this.
Thank you.

:headbang:

korlione2006 said:

Same here and I got this on my kernel.log:

Code:
Jan 12 12:41:42 MacPro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAController at line 6566 goto handler
Jan 12 12:41:46 MacPro kernel[0]: Sound assertion "mFirstConvert && ( numSampleFrames > currentSampleFrame)" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 2378 goto Exit

Hiya,

Anyone try this on a gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r?

HW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back