Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Updated

toleda said:
magare said:
Hi toleda,
The files are attached.
Your HDEF does not look like the HDEF in the first post. Edit HDEF and reply with the edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg.

Can't use a ioreg.txt. Try IORegstryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As.... open the file on your machine and attach the file in your reply.

I use "ioreg > ioreg.txt" to get the registry info. File is attached. I don't have Xcode installed. Let me know if I need to use another key.
I have also modified the DSDT.aml and replaced the whole HDEF section with the one from the first post.

Still the same.

Thank you for you effort, toledo !

Attachments

• ioreg.txt
    63.8 KB · Views: 177
  • 05DSDT.aml
    32.4 KB · Views: 119

magare said:
I use "ioreg > ioreg.txt" to get the registry info. File is attached. I don't have Xcode installed. Let me know if I need to use another key.
I have also modified the DSDT.aml and replaced the whole HDEF section with the one from the first post.
I simply do not have the time to go through the dump. Try this: DSDTSE/Registry info/Get.

toleda said:
magare said:
I simply do not have the time to go through the dump. Try this: DSDTSE/Registry info/Get.

Tried that, but the file is quite big.

toleda said:
magare said:

Do you need the HDEF part of the ioreg only?

toleda said:
magare said:

ioreg is attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg.zip
    400.9 KB · Views: 78

toleda said:
artgub said:
Strange thing here. I'm using DSDT from the database (z68xp-ud3p f6) and this solution didn't work (no additional enablers, no nothing). There's no inputs/outputs in my audio prefs.
But even stranger.. When I added no-DSDT enabler (HDAEnabler889.kext from Multibeast) it worked!
Thoughts? Toleda? Tonymac? : )
Thanks.
In you system, the enabler fixed what ever problem you had. If you want to figure out what was wrong, you have to go back to what was not working and reply with the dsdt and ioreg. Your choice.

Well.. Some kind of magic happened. I removed the enabler from S/L/E, rebooted and.. It's still working! How could this be?
Anyway, here's my ioreg dump and dsdt which I'm using.
Thank you.

It works with My GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3, except for one minor problem: Input volume (at least for the front microphone port) is negligible. It works with another kext I tried, but not this one. It does not show any movement whatsoever in System Prefs/Sound. Funnily enough, it does switch to "Line In" when I insert, and if I turn on/off the mic in my headphones using a switch built-in, it shows some movement. But other than that, the indicator is still.

EDIT: Attached DSDT and IOReg

Attachments

• DSDT and IOReg.zip
    386.3 KB · Views: 96

magare said:
ioreg is attached.
I don't think this IOReg is from the dsdt posted earlier (revised HDEF). IOReg/HDEF/device-type/RealTek ALC885/9A is not in the dsdt; should not be in IOReg.

artgub said:
Well.. Some kind of magic happened. I removed the enabler from S/L/E, rebooted and.. It's still working! How could this be?
Everything looks right. Enjoy.

hameer3 said:
It works with My GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3, except for one minor problem: Input volume (at least for the front microphone port) is negligible. It works with another kext I tried, but not this one. It does not show any movement whatsoever in System Prefs/Sound. Funnily enough, it does switch to "Line In" when I insert, and if I turn on/off the mic in my headphones using a switch built-in, it shows some movement. But other than that, the indicator is still.

EDIT: Attached DSDT and IOReg
What microphone are you using? Replace layout889.xml with the layout889.xml from this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=347967#p347967. Reply with results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back