Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion

OK - brilliant. Thanks - I hadn't realised that I still had some HDAenabler8xx kexts still in S/L/E and now it works fine since deleting them.

hello everyone I have question in folder there are appleHDA.kext and Apple_binary folder. In Apple_binary folder there are 2 folder native and optical surround, in each folder there is AppleHDA file.

Option AppleHDA binary installation
1. Copy AppleHDA.kext from 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA folder in Downloads to Desktop 2. Select Desktop/AppleHDA.kext from Step 2
3. Finder/Show Package Contents/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA
4. Copy option AppleHDA binary over AppleHDA binary in Step 3
5. Close Finder/Contents/.... window
6. Install

what does the step 4 mean??

evilouse said:
hello everyone I have question in folder there are appleHDA.kext and Apple_binary folder. In Apple_binary folder there are 2 folder native and optical surround, in each folder there is AppleHDA file.

1. Copy AppleHDA.kext from 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA folder in Downloads to Desktop 2. Select Desktop/AppleHDA.kext from Step 2
6. Install

Step 4 Explanation ->

Mean that you have to copy the file AppleHDA that is inside AppleHDA_binary/Native or
AppleHDA_binary/Optical Surround Over the AppleHDA.kext/contents/MacOS

Attachments

• Pic1.png
    Pic1.png
    275.4 KB · Views: 282

evilouse said:

6. Install

Open appleHDA.kext as described in step 3 then copy AppleHDA from Optical Surround folder if you want Digital Optical Surround.

If you want HDMI audio copy AppleHDA from Native folder.

If you not using either of those just install appleHDA.kext.

Works great with the right edits. :clap:
I just built a new server that is attached to a receiver over HDMI as a home media center/server. A friend of mine has a similar build, so I edited the DSDT files for both of us.

My board.
GA-H61N-USB3 - F3 bios.

Friends board.
GA-H67MA-USB3-B3 - F4 bios.

Both are in the zip file, just use the one you want.

Attachments

• HDMI-Audio-patched-DSDTs.zip
    14.5 KB · Views: 104

hw007 said:
Hiya,

Anyone try this on a gigabyte ga-x58a-ud3r?

HW

I tried it. It seems to be working. Tried both the standard and optical surround.

I'd say the optical surround sounds better.

When I plug in the headphones to the front ports it doesn't auto switch but if I select it as the output it starts working. I am using the optical surround.

I'm also using the DSDT from the database, did not make any edits.

toleda said:
samersh94 said:
Hi, Thanks for the kext but i'm facing some probs
My mobo is P41T-D3p it has only 3 outputs + 1 digital at the back and 2 in the front.
What codec is on the mobo? With that configuration, that is all you will get in OS X; i.e., no front mic, no line out, simply speaker, mic and line in.

It's ALC889 codec I've the codec verbs and dumps for it!

Can all outputs and inputs work?

Altered by its board Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, on the back of the three audio ports (Line-in / Line-out / MIC) + SPDIF out (optical) and two on the front panel audio ports (HP / MIC) Microphone Work , line out, headphone (line-in and SPDIF not tested) detection, headphone and microphone front-run so far failed - to switch only handles

Attachments

• ALC889_AppleHDA_10.7.2+HDEF.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 93

Hi, I'm little confused. I did this by default way, because I needed only front panel working, but... Yes, soud work fine except two issues: front panel is still dead, as was before, and rear line-in input is terribly overgained, like when in some oldest OS was checked +20 db sensitivity checkbox on microphone input.
Tell me, if I'm right, there's no special changes need in the kext and DSDT.aml, when I want only resurrect the front panel, no HDMI, no 5+1 sound? For now, I'm back in AppleHDA Rollback and ALC8xxHDA solution, work fine for me, except frontpanel...
Yes, I have it properly connected on MB, in W7 it's working fine.

Little OT, but it can relate with this, who knows:
I dont know, maybe it could bear on my often problem with MB when boot - sometimes BIOS (v. F15) doesn't recognize USB ports closely after powerup or reboot, so I can't also enter the BIOS setup (keyboard is USB, so...). When it happens, the Chimera can't recognise my seccond HD with W7, and after reach the Lion desktop, network is dead too (no network device in system profile). So, I must in startup sewerally push the powerbutton and by pressing an arrow key test, if USB is recognized (internal speaker ticking). If yes, all works fine.

Galan-od said:
Altered by its board Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3, on the back of the three audio ports (Line-in / Line-out / MIC) + SPDIF out (optical) and two on the front panel audio ports (HP / MIC) Microphone Work , line out, headphone (line-in and SPDIF not tested) detection, headphone and microphone front-run so far failed - to switch only handles
Are you saying your modifications didn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back