Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion

fever_qwe said:
You have a rev_100202 887. Try this AppleHDA.kext.

Attachments

• 887Beta_Lion_AppleHDA_v2.1.3-2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 77

toleda said:
Thanks, but 5.1 does not work. 2.0 as before. Displays digital port, built-out and 2 built-in linear output s.
Works only microphone (one from line out - built-in microphone) and built-out.

I try setup 4.0 but don't work..

fever_qwe said:
toleda said:
Thanks, but 5.1 does not work. 2.0 as before. Displays digital port, built-out and 2 built-in linear output s.
Works only microphone (one from line out - built-in microphone) and built-out.
Are you saying only the front mic (front pink/line in) and speakers (rear green) are working? That means digital output, rear mic (rear pink), line in (rear blue) and the two line out (rear orange and black) are not working? When you say 5.1 does not work, do you mean 5.1 analog or 5.1 digital? Attach a copy of IOReg.

toleda said:
Can't open the zip files, verify zips and attach. The dsdt/HDEF edit is correct. Need to see the IOReg to see what is wrong.

dsdt Edit Tips/DSDTSE
1. Search _T_0
Replace T_0
2. Search _T_1
Replace T_1
3. Search MUT0, 0x0FFF
Replace MUT0, 0xFFFF

I applied your tips to my DSDT, but they didn't seem to have done anything.:( Working zip with the latest ioreg etc attached. Can you check them?

thanks!!

Attachments

• ioregconsoledsdt.zip
    484.8 KB · Views: 58

Merude said:
I applied your tips to my DSDT, but they didn't seem to have done anything.:( Working zip with the latest ioreg etc attached. Can you check them?
dsdt/HDEF/layout-id is not correct. Correct layout-id is 0x82, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

To fix last warnings:
add above line 10627
Return (Zero)

Should look like this:
Code:
    Device (_SB.PCI0.LPCB.TPM)
    {
        Method (_HID, 0, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (TCMF) {}
            Else
            {
                Return (0x0201D824)
            }
            Return (Zero) 
        }

Ha! That did get rid of the al compile warnings :) , but didn't do much for the sound I am afraid. Anymore ideas?

Latest files are attached.

Attachments

• ioregconsoledsdt2.zip
    490.1 KB · Views: 69

Merude said:
Ha! That did get rid of the al compile warnings :) , but didn't do much for the sound I am afraid. Anymore ideas?

Latest files are attached.
AppleHDA.kext did not load. Fix permissions and rebuild cache, restart. If that doesn't work, download again and reinstall.

All permissions freshly repaired and caches rebuild, reinstall from spanky new downloaded AppleHDA.kext. Nothing changed, console still gives me the same error:

Code:
4/25/12 10:48:01.000 PM kernel: Sound assertion "0 != setupHostInterrupt ()" failed in AppleHDAController at line 439 goto Exit

Got more ideas? :) Cuz I am not giving up until you are, haha. I am very grateful for your help.

Merude said:
All permissions freshly repaired and caches rebuild, reinstall from spanky new downloaded AppleHDA.kext. Nothing changed, console still gives me the same error:
Attach a current copy of IOReg.

toleda said:
Are you saying only the front mic (front pink/line in) and speakers (rear green) are working? That means digital output, rear mic (rear pink), line in (rear blue) and the two line out (rear orange and black) are not working? When you say 5.1 does not work, do you mean 5.1 analog or 5.1 digital? Attach a copy of IOReg.
Mic work only (rear pink/line in), front pink don't work. Speakers (rear green), and front green port work (when connect front green port built-out replace in headphones).
line in (rear blue) does not show activity. I connect 5.1 (analog) in rear blue (rear speakers), in rear green (front speakers) and rear pink (center\sub).

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    462.5 KB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back