Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 887/888b on Lion

fever_qwe said:
Mic work only (rear pink/line in), front pink don't work. Speakers (rear green), and front green port work (when connect front green port built-out replace in headphones).
line in (rear blue) does not show activity. I connect 5.1 (analog) in rear blue (rear speakers), in rear green (front speakers) and rear pink (center\sub).
You never mentioned you had 3 audio jacks (5/6 is normal) on your motherboard. Try the attached AppleHDA. You must edit dsdt/HDEF.layout-id: 0x1F, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00. For information on setup, see this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=301140#p301140. Don't install the AppleHDA from that thread. Reply with a copy of IOReg.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 127

toleda said:
You never mentioned you had 3 audio jacks (5/6 is normal) on your motherboard. Try the attached AppleHDA. You must edit dsdt/HDEF.layout-id: 0x1F, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00. For information on setup, see this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=301140#p301140. Don't install the AppleHDA from that thread. Reply with a copy of IOReg.
You are a genius! Work rear 3 ports and 2 front! 5.1 speakers work! And the front panel too!
I copy your attached AppleHDA and set layout-id: 0x1F, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00 in dsdt!

Thank you very much!

In log write: "Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in AppleHDAWidget at line 2043 goto Exit"

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    462.5 KB · Views: 84
  • dsdt.aml.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 93

All is working, except Front Mic.

Any idea why ?
Thanks for your help

Mald said:
All is working, except Front Mic.
What mic are you trying to use?
Try this:
1. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
2. Replace layout887.xml in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources with the attached layout887.xml
3. Close the Finder windows
4. Install edited AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast
5. Restart
6. Verify 887 audio and front mic.

Attachments

• layout887.xml
    12.3 KB · Views: 272

What mic are you trying to use?
Try this:
1. Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
2. Replace layout887.xml in AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources with the attached layout887.xml
3. Close the Finder windows
4. Install edited AppleHDA.kext with KextBeast
5. Restart
6. Verify 887 audio and front mic.

Thanks for the answer !!
I'm using a Bluestork (with 2 jack in and out) headphones was working but not the micro.
With your layout it's working now !!

Many thanks ! now i have a fully working audio !!

Cannot compile DSDT after editing the layout-id. ALC887 on Z77-DS3H.
DSDT attached.Please help me to edit my DSDT, thanks.

Attachments

• dsdt.dsl
    334.8 KB · Views: 116

I have an issue with my sound... every time before sound is emitted, it clicks and then the sound works flawlessly. To me it seems like the chipset goes to a "sleep mode" and reactivates by a click. an example... nothing happens for a few minutes and then someone sends me a message in skype. instead of the sound i hear a click. if another message is sent within a certain timeframe, the "bing" sound is there.it sounds like when you get the audio cable in contact with ground, kinda like when you plug in the audio cable or unplug it.

I have a weird problem. I have alc887 onboard audio and a sapphire hd6870. If i load the kext on page one, I get HDMI audio from the 6870, but all of the onboard audio disappears. It is still shown under system information. If I load ALC8xxx kext I get onboard audio but no HDMI audio. Attached is my IOReg and DSDT.aml. I'm pretty sure the edits are good. If anyone has any input I would be grateful. This is all the stands in the way of a 100% hackintosh.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    19.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Mac Server.zip
    525.7 KB · Views: 66

tplawyer said:
Cannot compile DSDT after editing the layout-id. ALC887 on Z77-DS3H.
DSDT attached.Please help me to edit my DSDT, thanks.
The dsdt attached has no edits and compiles fine; ignore the warnings. If you want help with a dsdt that doesn't compile, attach that dsdt.

jazz0420 said:
I have a weird problem. I have alc887 onboard audio and a sapphire hd6870. If i load the kext on page one, I get HDMI audio from the 6870, but all of the onboard audio disappears. It is still shown under system information. If I load ALC8xxx kext I get onboard audio but no HDMI audio. Attached is my IOReg and DSDT.aml. I'm pretty sure the edits are good. If anyone has any input I would be grateful. This is all the stands in the way of a 100% hackintosh.
There are two versions of the 887. Use the AppleHDA.kext and the instructions from this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=362017#p362017 for your version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back