Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 885/889a on Lion - Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:

Update 6/25/2012 -
10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext available in MultiBeast 4.6.0 and newer

I haven't had to 'replace' kexts before. Will it overwrite the old one or should I be finding, deleting, and reinstalling it? My sound randomly stopped working a few days ago, several others are having the same issue with my board. ud5h 898.

Djarum02 said:
toleda said:

Update 6/25/2012 -
10.7.4 AppleHDA.kext available in MultiBeast 4.6.0 and newer

I haven't had to 'replace' kexts before. Will it overwrite the old one or should I be finding, deleting, and reinstalling it? My sound randomly stopped working a few days ago, several others are having the same issue with my board. ud5h 898.
898 isn't spoken here, you need an 885. The answer to your question is MultiBeast takes care of delete, install, permissions and cache.

thx!

Thanks Toleda - successfully upgraded to ML and after days of trying to fix my previously working audio, I finally found your instructions and got my 889 breathing life again - WAHOO! You guys suffer for your art! :)

Worked

Worked perfectly, I'd somehow managed to forget what codec I had :|
Thanks for the great advice!

Hello,

I've followed instrucctions on the first post and rear panel is working perfectly, but the front panel is not working (mic/phone), my mb is GA-EX58-UD5 and i'm attaching ioregistry.

Runing 10.7.4 as my gtx 285 performs better in this version.

Dmesg output:

Code:
kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAEngine at line 2520

Is it possible to make the front panel work?
Thanks

Attachments

• ioregistry-danif.zip
    395.3 KB · Views: 87
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back